• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

The Rocketeer series across the couple of story arcs Stevens completer would be my recommendation.

Starslayer 2

Starslayer 3

Pacific Presents 1

Pacific Presents 2

Rocketeer Special 1

Rocketeer Adventures 1

Rocketeer Adventures 2

Rocketeer Adventures 3

That's what made me a fan early on in his career. Good Girl Art covers came later as a focus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of these have been collected into TPB's. Might be easier than hunting down every issue. :grin:

+ 5 meeeellion. And yes, they are collected in every sort of TPB imaginable. Great read, great art.

The Rocketeer series across the couple of story arcs Stevens completer would be my recommendation.

Starslayer 2

Starslayer 3

Pacific Presents 1

Pacific Presents 2

Rocketeer Special 1

Rocketeer Adventures 1

Rocketeer Adventures 2

Rocketeer Adventures 3

That's what made me a fan early on in his career. Good Girl Art covers came later as a focus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of these have been collected into TPB's. Might be easier than hunting down every issue. :grin:

lol

Some wonderful person sent me the Chapter One TPB last year as a gift. :cloud9:

What would possess someone to do that? :screwy:

I have never read any Stevens books. The covers are amazing and I have been following this thread since the beginning. Are the comics good or do most of you collect because of the covers? What would you recommend for me to pick up first. I want to try a few?

I really enjoyed the "fair play" marilyn story. In one of the 3d books - I want to say alien worlds 3d?

With my 3 new additions, this is now the #1 registry set :acclaim::headbang::whee:

Well deserved, Joshua. :applause:

If anyone has had long-standing love of Stevens art, it's definitely been you. (worship)

I was twelve when I first read the Rocketeer (Chapter One)... I'm 41 now... yeah, it's been a long love affair :cloud9:

Edited by Cimm

Updated...

aaa-CGCdDave-widescreenIII.jpg

:cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana::cloud9::headbang::banana:

Trying to decide if I want to update my list this weekend or wait until the three I have coming back get back. That might be a while....

The Hunt must always continue on - even when you tracked down the hard-to-find issues.

:ohnoez:

and that's why there is a box on my coffee table with three Alter Egos in it that I will be sending in for grading on Monday :thumbsup:

Looks like for the moment I've moved up to 6th :golfclap:

Edited by Mayor006

and that's why there is a box on my coffee table with three Alter Egos in it that I will be sending in for grading on Monday :thumbsup:

Looks like for the moment I've moved up to 6th :golfclap:

Rock on, yer honor!