• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Anyone on here pick up the print from Wierd Heralds on Da-Bay? Nice snag. :applause:

:whee:

I'll post a picture once it's framed...

Weird Harold had another one for sale, but that got picked up right away! Now someone else has to post their print once it's framed.

:popcorn:

One of the better copies of this I have had,even better than the one I had back in 1989 when it was only a couple of years old.I just got through reading the interview with Dave and I had forgotten that Marvel had sued him over the Rocketeer way back then.

Thanks for not backing down Dave.And thanks for all the great memories & images you left us with.You are still missed.

DS004-2.jpg

Just got grades back on seventeen Stevens books.... six 9.8, seven 9.6, and four 9.4. I can live with that! :applause:

Oh, and I had apparently forgotten that one of them was autographed to me because there is a notation on one that says To Michael, Thanks. Dave Stevens. Love good surprises :)

Oh, and I had apparently forgotten that one of them was autographed to me because there is a notation on one that says To Michael, Thanks. Dave Stevens. Love good surprises :)

:o

Great results. But even better with the personalization.

:applause:

:o

Great results. But even better with the personalization.

:applause:

Absolutely. Plus it means I have at least 3 auto'd books and an auto'd sketchbook. 1 more than I thought I had! :whee:

When does the sale start? I need more registry points...

Just got grades back on seventeen Stevens books.... six 9.8, seven 9.6, and four 9.4. I can live with that! :applause:

When does the sale start? I need more registry points...

Only two duplicates out of all those. I'm sure a few of them will eventually go up for sale but not for a while. I think I will let all my invoices get in and see what I have before putting up a big sale again.

Is Alter Ego #43 really THAT much rarer than Alter Ego #21 that the 100-200+ point differential in 9.6 and 9.8 is justified...or is this an oversight?

Alter Ego #21 Registry Set Points

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=132132

Alter Ego #21 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 0

Near Mint + 9.6 = 3

Near Mint 9.4 = 1

Alter Ego #43 Registry Set Points

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=132133

Alter Ego #43 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 2

Near Mint + 9.6 = 1

Near Mint 9.4 = 0

Not that the census is indicitive of a books rarity, especially given the early stages of this set, but I would think they would be closer in points. Is there truly a difference in print run or something I haven't heard about with these two books?

Hollywoodpropmasters seems to have a number of these 3-D Zone 16s tucked away. This has to be his third or fourth one posted.

3-D Zone #16 SPACE VIXENS by DAVE STEVENS VF/NM

Read the fine print. He's only selling the picture of the book. :D

lol

No, he is not playing that old Ebay scam of showing a picture of a cell phone photo, and then mailing the picture to you. I saw that episode of Judge Judy.

This book is from that collection. You are bidding on: 3-D Zone #16 SPACE VIXENS by DAVE STEVENS VF/NM Comic w/Glasses RARE 1st Print!

Congrats; I just got my grades as well, although not final until they ship :banana:

Crossfire #4 9.8

DV8 #1 9.8

Jonny Quest #3 9.6 and 9.8

Airboy #5 9.8

World of Wood #1 9.8

Last of the Viking Heroes #5 (variant) 9.8 x2

Bad Planet #6 9.8

Is Alter Ego #43 really THAT much rarer than Alter Ego #21 that the 100-200+ point differential in 9.6 and 9.8 is justified...or is this an oversight?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=132132

Alter Ego #21 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 0

Near Mint + 9.6 = 3

Near Mint 9.4 = 1

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=132133

Alter Ego #43 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 2

Near Mint + 9.6 = 1

Near Mint 9.4 = 0

Not that the census is indicitive of a books rarity, especially given the early stages of this set, but I would think they would be closer in points. Is there truly a difference in print run or something I haven't heard about with these two books?

I dunno but I bought all of TwoMorrows backstock Dave books at Heroes so some more submissions are coming up before the end of the year :wishluck:

Hollywoodpropmasters seems to have a number of these 3-D Zone 16s tucked away. This has to be his third or fourth one posted.

3-D Zone #16 SPACE VIXENS by DAVE STEVENS VF/NM

Read the fine print. He's only selling the picture of the book. :D

lol

No, he is not playing that old Ebay scam of showing a picture of a cell phone photo, and then mailing the picture to you. I saw that episode of Judge Judy.

This book is from that collection. You are bidding on: 3-D Zone #16 SPACE VIXENS by DAVE STEVENS VF/NM Comic w/Glasses RARE 1st Print!

If he had said rare 2nd print, I'd probably be more interested :lol:

Alter Ego #21 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 0

Near Mint + 9.6 = 3

Near Mint 9.4 = 1

Alter Ego #43 Census

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 = 2

Near Mint + 9.6 = 1

Near Mint 9.4 = 0

I dunno but I bought all of TwoMorrows backstock Dave books at Heroes so some more submissions are coming up before the end of the year :wishluck:

:wishluck:

Good luck! I just got the results of 3 of my copies, 2x #21 and 1x #43.. :banana:

Since we're on the subject of submissions, I just sent off my very first submission. It had a couple of Silver Age books but was overwhelmingly Dave Stevens:

World of Wood 1

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 1

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 2

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 3

Cheval Noir 1

2xJonny Quest 5

2xAirboy 5

Starslayer 2

Rocketeer Adventures 1

Planet Comics 1

I'm feeling pretty good about most of them, but I'd imagine most do on their first submission. :wishluck:

I really hope the Bettie Page books and the Cheval Noir come back at what I *think* they could be. It would fill a nice hole in my collection.

Is the current turnaround of 45 days for Modern Tier books accurate or is it even longer now?