• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I can't give my 9.8 Orbit 1 away. :censored:

Should be given away by now. :foryou:

Indeed it has. :applause:

Been looking for that one in 9.8 for a while now....could never seem to find them in the dollar bins.

I found it in the two dollar bin. You should try looking there. lol

Most people know about us now. I've seen Dave covers on peoples walls at shows.

One of my favorite bands in the early '60s (yes, I'm THAT old) was the Dave Clark Five. Maybe we should call the top 5 in the CGC registry the Dave Stevens Five. :D

One of my favorite bands in the early '60s (yes, I'm THAT old) was the Dave Clark Five. Maybe we should call the top 5 in the CGC registry the Dave Stevens Five. :D

hm

Cool, I'm in a band now :banana:

You sure about that? The DC5 were kinda nerdy looking. hm

You sure about that? The DC5 were kinda nerdy looking. hm

Yes, but were they holding up Airboy 5, Planet Comics 1, or Sheena 3-D Special 1? All of sudden "nerdy" becomes cool.

:cloud9:

"Glad all over,

Yes I'm uh,

Glad all over,

Baby I'm uh,

Glad all over,

So glad you're miiiiiiiiiiiiiiine"

:grin:

It's funny how many people don't see the head. :D

My 6 year old son stumbled upon this book and picked up on it immediately. But I had to make up a story about the man hiding in a pile of pumpkins to play a joke on the lady.

:blush:

It's funny how many people don't see the head. :D

My 6 year old son stumbled upon this book and picked up on it immediately. But I had to make up a story about the man hiding in a pile of pumpkins to play a joke on the lady.

:blush:

:D

So this is interesting; at least nothing I've had happen before...

I received a notification that a user named JKirbyFan had tried to register my copy of Rocekteer: Special edition. I hit the "reject" button which takes you to a form on the CGC site that asks you to fill out a short message. Unfortunately, the page is also very poorly designed in that when you are done typing your message, the buttons are labelled "accept" and "reject". Assuming I needed to "accept" the form I just entered, that's the button I hit.

Doh. Turns out that button "Accept"s the transfer. :/

So I promptly re-registered the comic back to myself. Within 20 minutes, I received a response from JKirbyFan saying "the book has been paid for and is mine." and the transfer rejected.

So I sent him a board message stating that I think he had been duped or made a mistake and sent a scan of the book in question with it.

rockspec.JPG

This was on the 2nd. He has read the message, but no response. Now I'm suspicious that he's just sniping books. :(

I emailed CGC, but as usual, they are slow to respond too...

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by sl4ppy

I had someone try and grab my book one time, and mistakenly accepted instead of rejecting. Gemma had me send a photo of the book next to something to prove the date, and then kicked it back to my registry set.

I forgot if I did this next to a newspaper or a TV news show.

All the interesting things you learn going through Registry sets... hm

So, apparently Dave did three DC Who's Who covers back in the 80s. I never would've known this were it not for the registry. That's really interesting stuff, considering I have two long boxes of unread Who's Who from the large copper hoard I acquired this year. Now I have a reason to finally pour through the stuff.

Doesn't look like any of the top sets even have a copy, in any grade. Maybe I'll get a few graded and sell them to you guys, after I keep the best ones for me of course. :P