• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I'm for taking the ARK mag out. And seems like so far more people want the IDW books in then out.

Be good to hear from a few more peeps though.

+1 on the reworking the points. Some of these books are hard to get and not worth enough points. Such as Jonny Quest #5

I found one in 9.8 and it's on the way to me!! :banana:

Sorry, it's one of my favorites. :grin:

:luhv:

I guess I'm just more of a purist. I'd much rather have the originals in the cover set than all of the reprints and variant re-tread covers...

ORIGINAL

COMIC_rocketeer_adventure_magazine_01.jpg

REPRINT/RETREAD...

1018861.jpg

1175663.jpg

Yeah, I don't like the retreaded covers, but not all of the IDW books are retreads, some are formerly interior panels that make GREAT covers, others are unpublished covers, or images... Can we take out the retreads and leave the first-time-this-image-has-been-used-as-a-cover books? Probably not :( Which is why I voted to leave the IDWs in...

Yeah, I don't like the retreaded covers, but not all of the IDW books are retreads, some are formerly interior panels that make GREAT covers, others are unpublished covers, or images... Can we take out the retreads and leave the first-time-this-image-has-been-used-as-a-cover books? Probably not :( Which is why I voted to leave the IDWs in...

I think you may have something here. Any book we want can be put in the registry. So I'm sure we can leave out the reprints. Someone would just need to do the research and let Gemma know what books to put back in.

I think you may have something here. Any book we want can be put in the registry. So I'm sure we can leave out the reprints. Someone would just need to do the research and let Gemma know what books to put back in.

I think that might be asking a bit much from Gemma to cater to us like that. If she instead just has to give a minimum amount of points to any issuance from IDW of a Dave Stevens cover wouldn't that work?

I'm for taking the ARK mag out. And seems like so far more people want the IDW books in then out.

Be good to hear from a few more peeps though.

+1 on the reworking the points. Some of these books are hard to get and not worth enough points. Such as Jonny Quest #5

I'm with Aggiez on removing the IDW books - imho, having someone else retouch & recolor an interior DS illustration & slab on the front of a book does not make it a DS cover.

If we take a poll on the IDW books would the result be good enough for everybody and whatever the result is what we do to the registry?

Now that would be a great way to address this is through a vote. But only if everyone agrees to go with the results, versus contesting it after the fact.

That's the challenge.

If we take a poll on the IDW books would the result be good enough for everybody and whatever the result is what we do to the registry?

Now that would be a great way to address this is through a vote. But only if everyone agrees to go with the results, versus contesting it after the fact.

That's the challenge.

Sounds like a plan. Someone please put up a poll.

Ha!

Someone posted it on twitter and then I read the article and posted it here...

I am dummy.

No you aren't. You were just trying to keep us informed.

Thanks anyway.

December 11, 2008

:foryou:

Yeah, I thought something wasn't right. hm

That poor lady didn't always lead the best life, due to not fault of her own. Better her soul rest in peace.

:(

bettie-page.jpg

I just bought Rocketeer Adventures #2, 3 and 4 in CGC 9.8 so I could add them to my Dave Stevens registry set. Today I find out they're no longer part of the set. :facepalm: