• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

Who is the member with all of the DNAgents 24 CGC? They posted the cgc's of them together lika a dancing rocket's picture? :idea:

(shrug)

:luhv:

And kick, and kick, and kick...

ek5QKfOl.jpg

:whee:

For sure the best cover I do not own and in my opinion one of the top covers ever drawn by Dave. :golfclap: This post haunts me. Please comic world, shops, friends of all Dave Stevens fans, send down just 1 more 9.8 from heaven. :wishluck: .

Edited by Saints Fan

For sure the best cover I do not own and in my opinion one of the top covers ever drawn by Dave. :golfclap: This post haunts me. Please comic world, shops, friends of all Dave Stevens fans, send down just 1 more 9.8 from heaven. :wishluck: .

Responded.

:baiting:

I took a trip to Reno, NV today and visited a comic book store. Before digging around, I asked the owner if he had any Dave Stevens covers. Positively the owner knew who Dave Stevens was. Negatively, he said there was a Dave Stevens fan who comes to work at the store for free once a week. If there is a DS cover that comes in, this volunteer pulls it before it goes to the shelf. :makepoint: My response (with a smile): "So basically you are telling me that there is no reason for me to visit your store again." It was an acurate statement but I regretted that it came out so rude.

Bunny Yeager dies; revealing images of Bettie Page helped define art of erotic photography

OB-YEAGER0011401229030.jpg

Bunny Yeager, a statuesque model who stepped behind the camera to become one of the country’s foremost pinup photographers, known best for her alluring images of model Bettie Page, died May 25 in North Miami, Fla. She was 85.

rip.gif

Proof positive Dave Stevens books have cooled off? I just picked up Airboy #5 CGC 9.8 for less than $50. Two years ago this was a $100 book and through a few additions to the registry and just all of us being pulled too many ways at once all of a sudden it has lost half it's value?

Proof positive Dave Stevens books have cooled off? I just picked up Airboy #5 CGC 9.8 for less than $50. Two years ago this was a $100 book and through a few additions to the registry and just all of us being pulled too many ways at once all of a sudden it has lost half it's value?

Nice pick-up! (thumbs u

Bunny Yeager dies; revealing images of Bettie Page helped define art of erotic photography

OB-YEAGER0011401229030.jpg

Bunny Yeager, a statuesque model who stepped behind the camera to become one of the country’s foremost pinup photographers, known best for her alluring images of model Bettie Page, died May 25 in North Miami, Fla. She was 85.

rip.gif

She was quite the looker herself. Thanks for posting that, I missed it.

Obit_Bunny_Yeager-0ea15-653.jpg

The entire market participates in this thread.. :/

Not sure if I believe the entire market does but I'm willing to put some belief in the CGC market probably does. If that's the case, once you guys have a copy of a book are you looking to sell off your undercopies? What if you have multiple 9.8s of the same book?