• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con Photo Thread...Bolland's booth and more.

60 posts in this topic

I missed the Batman. I was taking Huntress over the Joe Staton when Brian was finishing it so I could not snap a photo.

I also didn't get the Catwoman you got and the Green Goblin sketch cover that he did.

I liked them all a ton...once he got the right costume down on yours he was enjoying doing that one.

Here's a pic of mine. With a cameo by Chris's arms.

Since you mention the costume, I thought he nailed it to, but something was nagging me. Then it hit me hours later - she's doesn't have hair. "She's BALD Jerry!" Hey, I've had it happen before (another Heroes artist did the same thing), and it won't be the last (my reference didn't help). Heh heh

Heroes2010037.jpg

I missed the Batman. I was taking Huntress over the Joe Staton when Brian was finishing it so I could not snap a photo.

I also didn't get the Catwoman you got and the Green Goblin sketch cover that he did.

I liked them all a ton...once he got the right costume down on yours he was enjoying doing that one.

Here's a pic of mine. With a cameo by Chris's arms.

Since you mention the costume, I thought he nailed it to, but something was nagging me. Then it hit me hours later - she's doesn't have hair. "She's BALD Jerry!" Hey, I've had it happen before (another Heroes artist did the same thing), and it won't be the last (my reference didn't help). Heh heh

Heroes2010037.jpg

#1....Good LORD my arms are hairy.

#2...You are right...no hair. Looking at other images of Earth 2 Catwoman online it looks like the hair comes straight out the back of the cowl. It wasn't on the reference you left, but it's easily fixed. Brian is due to do more shows in the states, if you can get it to me before the next one I will make sure she gets that hair added. (thumbs u

One of my pickups from the Art Auction... either 20x30 or 24x36...going right up in the kids playroom. Art by Chris Giarusso of Mini-Marvels fame.

IMG_0028.jpg

I love that DD is running the wrong way ...

One of my pickups from the Art Auction... either 20x30 or 24x36...going right up in the kids playroom. Art by Chris Giarusso of Mini-Marvels fame.

IMG_0028.jpg

lol That is awesome...

Great report...those Brian Bolland sketches are sweet! :applause:

Whoever owns that joker cover should contact me so I can buy it from you. I have no money, but will offer my sould and eventually my first born child.

I need one of those Batman 18s! :frustrated:

Also, awesome report, thanks for sharing.

Whoever owns that joker cover should contact me so I can buy it from you. I have no money, but will offer my sould and eventually my first born child.

I need one of those Batman 18s! :frustrated:

Also, awesome report, thanks for sharing.

Sorry I only take gold pressed latinum. :)

Brian does some amazing work and I am thrilled to own a piece of his work.

Out of curiousity, did Brian bring any pre-done/published art with him? Also, is he going to be attending any other cons here in the US this year?

Brian brought an entire portfolio (48 pages) filled with preliminary drawings from Dredd, Animal Man, Invisibles and more. There were also published specialty pieces from 2000AD, as well as some vintage studio drawings of Green Lantern and others.

Brian is thinking about attending NYCC in October but nothing is set in stone as of yet.

This sketch crack's me up. You can't really tell from this pic, but she's giving his 'gun' a nice polish.

Also, that Green Lantern studio drawing from the '70's was a killer piece! There were all sorts of goodies in the portfolio.

Brian's contribution to the Art Auction.

He only had an hour's notice so he made the very best of it that he could.

IMG_0025.jpg

This sketch crack's me up. You can't really tell from this pic, but she's giving his 'gun' a nice polish.

Also, that Green Lantern studio drawing from the '70's was a killer piece! There were all sorts of goodies in the portfolio.

Brian's contribution to the Art Auction.

He only had an hour's notice so he made the very best of it that he could.

IMG_0025.jpg

lol, yeah....I wanted him to title the piece "Paging Dr. Freud"

It was an early prelim for this cover:

arkensword-2.jpg

Brian brought an entire portfolio (48 pages) filled with preliminary drawings from Dredd, Animal Man, Invisibles and more. There were also published specialty pieces from 2000AD, as well as some vintage studio drawings of Green Lantern and others.

Brian is thinking about attending NYCC in October but nothing is set in stone as of yet.

Pics?! :o

:o You mean one of these got done and it DIDN'T go to me? :censored: What happened? :ohnoez:

:o You mean one of these got done and it DIDN'T go to me? :censored: What happened? :ohnoez:

You should have brought me a blank and put you name on the sketch list....I woulda tried my best for you.

There's always the next show, maybe NYCC...he really enjoyed drawing the Goblin. (thumbs u

It's cool. :) I had a really good time chatting with Mr. Bolland over the weekend. However, if you two will be at NYCC, I'll surely be dropping off a blank. (thumbs u

IMG_0028.jpg

I LOVE IT! :headbang: If you ever tire of this piece.... ;)

And GREAT thread too! Bolland. Man, he can rest on his work from Killing Joke alone in my book. A really crisp and clean style that holds up year to year.

IMG_0028.jpg

:roflmao: