• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare 1936-1937 Centaurs - REDUCED!

28 posts in this topic

Sales have been great - thanks everyone! But I want to move these last copies, so check out these new prices.

These books are the personal copies of Tony Yuknis, an artist who worked for Centaur when the company was just getting started. I purchased them from the artist's nephew three weeks ago. Please note that Yuknis was referred to as Denis Yuknis on the various strips he worked on.

During the past couple of weeks I sold a few books to various boardies and am now offering the remainder. No books have been manipulated or restored. The first :takeit: gets it. Orders over $500 get free shipping (I ship to the USA only), otherwise shipping is $10 per order. Here's a chance to own a piece of Centaur history!

Funny Pages (Comics Magazine)

Vol. 1 # 5 = Supple off-white pages. Flat and tight with a perfect CF. 4 pages missing - but they were neatly trimmed out otherwise VG. Was $200 - Now $150.

ComicsMag1-5FC.jpg

Vol. 1 # 11 = Supple ow/w pages. Flat and tight with a perfect CF. Beautiful book. F/VF. Was $700 - Now $600.

2FunnyPages1-11FC.jpg

Little Giant Detective Funnies # 1 - Yuknis neatly taped a corrected TONY YUKNIS over the name DENIS YUKNIS on his credit for the Phantom Ship. On page one is the notation, "P 88-89" in pencil. This refers to work he did on these pages in the book. Coverless but has a nice full spine and back cover. Pages are a supple c/ow though the scan may make them look a little whiter. Very rare and a piece of Centaur history. Was $150 - Now $125.

LGDF1AC.jpg

Little Giant Detective Funnies # 1 - second copy with none of the personal remarks of the first copy. Coverless and the spine does not show much identification. Back cover is okay. Pages are a supple c/ow though the scan may make them look a little whiter. Very rare. Was $125 - Now $100.

LGDF1.jpg

Little Giant Comics # 3 - Coverless with a full spine and okay back cover. Pages are a supple c/ow though the scan may make them look a little whiter. Extremely rare. Was $125 - Now $100.

LGC3.jpg

Gary! Missed you at C2E2. Did you make it to the show?

Hi Jason,

I attended Saturday only. I was on the "History of Chicago Comics Shops" panel (and Joe Sarno Memorial) in the morning then I walked the show as a fan the rest of the day. I was with my niece - we had a wonderful time. Sure beats workin'!

lol

Gary

Great books Gary!! Wish I could snag that duck cover, but alas...

Good luck with the sale! Looks like its going well so far!

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. It's a blast to have found the nephew of an artist who worked at the dawn of the comics industry.