• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Awards - predictions for 2010 winners?

471 posts in this topic

By the way, don't forget about my Cap set for the Modern category.
(worship) Another one of the all time Best Presented sets in the Registry.

Raphael Loh's The Best Run In Years

and another one would be...

mschmidt's m's sandman

Two people, whose sets I modeled my own registry set after.

They set a positive example for all registry set collectors. :applause:

Thanks, Jerel - with the two books I got from branget, I'm actually down to missing just one book in my Sandman set; I'm pretty stoked :banana:

Which book? If I have a 9.8 candidate, I will send it to you so i can be immortalized in the set!! :banana:

I think you're thinking about the #19 (which has a very common error edition)?

That's the one. With the pages switched. At the time, it caused quite a sensation, almost as much as the Berger editorial. But flash forward 16-18 years later and Neat Stuff or someone must have dumped cases upon cases into the market because I think the error is way more common than the regular. lol

Sorry about the OT.

In regards to the error edition having so many more slabbed copies, perhaps it can also be attributed to the fact that collectors believe the Error Edition to have more intrinsic value than the regular edition, making it more appealing to have graded than the regular?

In regards to the error edition having so many more slabbed copies, perhaps it can also be attributed to the fact that collectors believe the Error Edition to have more intrinsic value than the regular edition, making it more appealing to have graded than the regular?

hm

It is (by far) - there are just 9 copies of the regular in 9.8 (and I own 3 of them), whereas there are 129 copies of the error edition in 9.8.

lol That is very funny.

I'm pretty sure the board moderators.

Last years Forumite of the Year was EvilAsh (thumbs u

Cool for EvilAsh :cool:

How do you win one? (shrug)

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

The CGC staff and possibly the moderators determine the set winners and the Forumites of the Year.

The CGC staff and possibly the moderators determine the set winners and the Forumites of the Year.

Oh,ok I get it now :grin: