• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Awards - predictions for 2010 winners?

471 posts in this topic

There are category awards and "Best of" awards:

The people responding in this thread know they won because they were in 1st place of each individual category at the time the period for updating expired. No one knows who has won the "Best of" awards because they aren't announced until the 3rd week of July.

There are category awards and "Best of" awards:

The people responding in this thread know they won because they were in 1st place of each individual category at the time the period for updating expired. No one knows who has won the "Best of" awards because they aren't announced until the 3rd week of July.

Thanks for the info :grin:

I get a certificate every year because none else has a single book in the category.

Nothing wrong with that!

This will be the first year, I've gotten one.

The Deadpool envelopes are empty with no certificates. It's CGC's way of honoring Wade's sense of humor.

I get a certificate every year because none else has a single book in the category.

Nothing wrong with that!

This will be the first year, I've gotten one.

The Deadpool envelopes are empty with no certificates. It's CGC's way of honoring Wade's sense of humor.

Actually... I wouldn't mind that. It would be pretty funny.

Thicker Than Blood
:cloud9:

hm I can see a set of books coming your way...

You really don't to have to go to any trouble Gav. Seeing how happy Cassidy is with her first genuine slab in your sigline makes me glad to be in the hobby with you guys. You are a lucky dad to have kids interested in what you collect. :applause:

The only downer is they seem to only go by points. I was second place in one set by 100 points, but have comments and some photos on books the other set does not..

That's one of the challengest with the contest that I brought up earlier in the year.

Sets should be based not only on number of books, but also the level of detail put into your registy so as to build interest for other collectors.

One set I was competing again last year, just to check the photo block, copied pictures from a dealer's site.

Just posting books without some details and pictures will not promote a given title. I hope the contest rules change when it comes to completeness.

The only downer is they seem to only go by points. I was second place in one set by 100 points, but have comments and some photos on books the other set does not..

That's one of the challengest with the contest that I brought up earlier in the year.

Sets should be based not only on number of books, but also the level of detail put into your registy so as to build interest for other collectors.

One set I was competing again last year, just to check the photo block, copied pictures from a dealer's site.

Just posting books without some details and pictures will not promote a given title. I hope the contest rules change when it comes to completeness.

I would also like to see set winners be chosen by something more than points. I think % completed should be a factor. I know pedigrees don't get more points but

why not recognize them as a factor in the set. AS mentioned, the set winners already know who they are. Having a formula, as oppossed to raw points, would add a little suspense to the contest.