• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb Ebay Auction Question

16 posts in this topic

One morning I will shoot my morning coffee out of my nose laughing when the news reports someone goes up to ebay HQ and gunning down their executive team. While I'll feel bad for their families and such, these folks MUST know this is going to eventually happen. And believe me, it's going to happen. I'm a pretty cool cucumber and I'm about to pull my hair out, someone who is already on the edge and has access to lots of guns and ammo on the other hand....

So now I'll have to run these out of my ebay buying account, where I do get the freebies, and won't be able to effectively cross-synergize with my ebay store, etc.

Well, that further cements the fact I'll be closing my store within 60 days, and I sure won't send my remaining items to auction.... I had to close my store for a nearly a month because of my move, and it cost me over $100.00 during that time without any sales!!!!

Can someone here smarter than me explain the logic of this? Is it just because if you have a store you're either a big fat sucker and deserve to be skrewed further or you have a legit store with hundreds of thousands of $ of stuff in it and thousands a month in sales and don't care about some 99 cent auctions?

Here's an update on paypal that makes it even less appealing to use them or ebay.

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

Refund Fee. Section 8.5 (Additional Fees) is amended to add a new refund fee. If you refund a Purchase Payment, we will retain the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee. The buyer’s Account will be credited with the full Purchase Payment amount and the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee will be deducted from your Account in addition to the amount of the refunded payment. The Fixed Fee will depend on the currency of the Purchase Payment and is listed in 8.4©.

Basically it will cost you money if you have to do a refund. Not just the purchase price, but you still have to cover the fees. Lame.

Here's an update on paypal that makes it even less appealing to use them or ebay.

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

Refund Fee. Section 8.5 (Additional Fees) is amended to add a new refund fee. If you refund a Purchase Payment, we will retain the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee. The buyer’s Account will be credited with the full Purchase Payment amount and the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee will be deducted from your Account in addition to the amount of the refunded payment. The Fixed Fee will depend on the currency of the Purchase Payment and is listed in 8.4©.

Basically it will cost you money if you have to do a refund. Not just the purchase price, but you still have to cover the fees. Lame.

When does that take effect? I use this feature to do partial refunds of shipping overpayments that often occur when buyers get multiple listings. I will be sending back cash from now on if they are going to take $0.30 when I do that.

One morning I will shoot my morning coffee out of my nose laughing when the news reports someone goes up to ebay HQ and gunning down their executive team. While I'll feel bad for their families and such, these folks MUST know this is going to eventually happen. And believe me, it's going to happen. I'm a pretty cool cucumber and I'm about to pull my hair out, someone who is already on the edge and has access to lots of guns and ammo on the other hand....

If they don't have the guns and ammo they need they can probably pick that up on E-Bay!

wont ebay sellers have to start filling sales with the IRS starting next year?? makes ebay look even less appetizing.

only if you do enough volume. $20K or something. i think they aren't pushing the 150 or whatever transactions they were talking about. there was a big thread on this at some point.