• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi everyone.

123 posts in this topic

Detective comics # 35

Fighting words. :taptaptap:

lol i was counting how long it would take you to see that jon lol

:hi:

I think my grandchildren will be looking for this book... zzz

I have this ole thing, found in my attic, is it worth anything? :insane:

IMG_1817.jpg

I'd sell but only for ONE HUNDRED BILLIONZ MILLIONZ! :insane:

:foryou:

Alex i hate to break it to you but its literally not worth the paper its printed on so just throw it out

P.S. can i have your address

Detective comics # 35

IMG_1817.jpg

Alex i hate to break it to you but its literally not worth the paper its printed on so just throw it out

Rats, I knew it, I never find anything worth $$$ in my attic. :(

As long as you pay for shipping, I'll throw it in an envelope - no need to put card board or anything in right? - and ship it out tom. It's cluttering up space.

:insane::insane::insane:

I'll do some research on those Sci-fi books.

How much are the TPB reprints?

Just checked ebay, and the reprint publisher is actually selling them directly. The TPBs are OOP, and contain 4-5 issues each. These are really good prices!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weird-Fantasy-EC-Annual-5-/180431823215?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0293216f

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weird-Science-EC-Annual-5-/180504898527?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a06ee2bdf

These encompass the last issues of both titles... what I consider the sweet spot of the runs.

Should I read all 22 issues of both series?

I say buy 1 or 2 TPBs and give them a try. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy at least some of the stories and art. (thumbs u

Or if you prefer the originals, a reader copy EC to test the waters is cheap enough (certainly way cheaper than 1940s superhero books).

I'll do some research on those Sci-fi books.

How much are the TPB reprints?

Just checked ebay, and the reprint publisher is actually selling them directly. The TPBs are OOP, and contain 4-5 issues each. These are really good prices!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weird-Fantasy-EC-Annual-5-/180431823215?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0293216f

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weird-Science-EC-Annual-5-/180504898527?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a06ee2bdf

These encompass the last issues of both titles... what I consider the sweet spot of the runs.

Should I read all 22 issues of both series?

I say buy 1 or 2 TPBs and give them a try. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy at least some of the stories and art. (thumbs u

Or if you prefer the originals, a reader copy EC to test the waters is cheap enough (certainly way cheaper than 1940s superhero books).

I think I'll buy the TPBs.

I'm thinking of buying some Golden Age books and I would like some advice.

What should I look for in a GA book?

What's a good price on a GA book?

Which GA books are worth getting?

And,who can I trust to buy some GA books?

Welcome! :) GA books are great fun.

Pick a GA genre that you like (ex: superhero, romance, horror, crime, funny animals, science fiction, etc etc), and we can probably offer good suggestions from there.

I like Science Fiction,which one do you recommend?

You might want to check out some issues of Planet Comics. Some really cool covers.

DRX

Detective comics # 35

IMG_1817.jpg

As long as you pay for shipping, I'll throw it in an envelope - no need to put card board or anything in right? - and ship it out tom. It's cluttering up space.

That's a nice book you got there Bat-Man.

Should I get pre-Batman Tec books or just go ahead and get the Batman books?

Depends on if you'd rather spend ridiculous amounts of money, or stupid amounts of money. (Not sure which is which though...) (shrug)

This seems like a good segue into showing off my toys. :grin: Here's my Bats/Tecs group photo from a year or so ago.

These have wear and hidden defects, but present well even in lower grade (which is one nice thing about GA... with the right low-grade books, the colors can still scream).

75364.jpg

Depends on if you'd rather spend ridiculous amounts of money, or stupid amounts of money. (Not sure which is which though...) (shrug)

Basically just look in the OSPG under the tec books you want (assuming you can actually find them) and just multiply it times like 5-10 (shrug) and thats how much it will be. Then you have to find a big stick to fight everyone else away from the book you want.

Detective comics # 35

IMG_1817.jpg

Thank you. :shy:

(sorry for taking your thread off path :foryou: )

I'm crazy,but I'm not that crazy :screwy:

I'll just buy the Tec books with Batman in them.

Basically just look in the OSPG under the tec books you want (assuming you can actually find them) and just multiply it times like 5-10 (shrug) and thats how much it will be. Then you have to find a big stick to fight everyone else away from the book you want.

:roflmao:

But you forgot the part where you have to cut your kidney out and sell it to the black market dealer and the only way to get to him his to cross the thin bridge over the valley where there is a shark invested pond below.

Then and only then after you find it, pay 15X over, and fight a man to the death can you achieve the Holiest of grails a Pre-Robin Tec'y

Detective comics # 35

IMG_1817.jpg

Thank you. :shy:

(sorry for taking your thread off path :foryou: )

That's ok :cool:

Its my thread after all :insane:

This seems like a good segue into showing off my toys. :grin: Here's my Bats/Tecs group photo from a year or so ago.

These have wear and hidden defects, but present well even in lower grade (which is one nice thing about GA... with the right low-grade books, the colors can still scream).

75364.jpg

(worship)

Every single cover from this shot I love! You picked some of the very best of the GA Bats books right there! :cool:

But you forgot the part where you have to cut your kidney out and sell it to the black market dealer and the only way to get to him his to cross the thin bridge over the valley where there is a shark invested pond below.

Then and only then after you find it, pay 15X over, and fight a man to the death can you achieve the Holiest of grails a Pre-Robin Tec'y

Darn,I forgot about the selling my kidney part of buying GA books doh!:insane:

Well now im confused cause how many kidney's you got alex, cause you have alot of books

75364.jpg

(worship)

Every single cover from this shot I love! You picked some of the very best of the GA Bats books right there! :cool:

Now that's what I'm talking about (worship)

I mainly want to buy low grade GA books like that