• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics # 7 for sale on Comic connect.

74 posts in this topic

What did you guys call Action # 7 ?

The poor mans Action 1?

Is that still applicable.?

Maybe the upper middle class persons Action 1.

Your correct. The 8.5 sold for $1.5 mill....and I couldn't imagine what the highest graded copy would sell for.

So how does the $143K sale of the 8.0 from two years ago look now?

I know at the time, most people were scratching and shaking their heads on the hammer price. But in light of an Action 1 in the same grade going for seven figures and the current asking prices on lower grade copies of Action 7, what is FMV of an 8.0 Action 7 today? That is one hot book.

I believe that price paid 2 years ago was very similar to the 280K 9.0 bat 1 sale...it was 2 years ahead of market...

so, like the bat 1 that is about 10% more today, I would say the action 7 is also worth about 10% more today

I disagree. Action 7 8.0 is undervalue and is worth a lot more than 10% than what it sold for two years ago. Try to buy an Action 1 at two years ago price. There are three Batman 1 in 9.0 and only 1 Action 7 in 8.0. All are the highest graded. Graded Batman 1 are 6x more available than Action 7.

not really fair to compare the 2, I only brought up my "2 year" out as an example...

lower grade batman's have doubled in price in the past 2 years... a 9.0 copy has only gone up 10%...

the price paid for that action 7 was the result of 2 folks that "had" to have it...the majority of folks bowed out at $75K...

if another copy appeared on the market, I truly believe it would have a tough time topping 160K... hence, my 10% appreciation value...

I would be willing to bet 160K on it :baiting:

Yep! I bowed out at 80k........this one auction is the one that really made me lose confidence in myself in predicting prices. I have never been so embarrassingly off with a book.[percentage wise]

It's the highest A7 and no other. I do agree if another 8.0 shows up, it have a hard time topping the old price. But with how hot early Action supe are 10% is bit conservative Just making my analysis and opinion.

but action 7 has always been "hot" and in demand... just because a few of us boardies are talking about it more than pre robin tecs recently, don't let that cloud any analysis or opinions...

keep in mind the book already sold 2 years ago for about 100% more than it "should" have (all things being equal)... so, 10% more is not "just" 10%, it is really like 55% over the 2 years... seems about right imo

I know at the time, most people were scratching and shaking their heads on the hammer price. But in light of an Action 1 in the same grade going for seven figures and the current asking prices on lower grade copies of Action 7, what is FMV of an 8.0 Action 7 today? That is one hot book.

I believe that price paid 2 years ago was very similar to the 280K 9.0 bat 1 sale...it was 2 years ahead of market...

so, like the bat 1 that is about 10% more today, I would say the action 7 is also worth about 10% more today

I disagree. Action 7 8.0 is undervalue and is worth a lot more than 10% than what it sold for two years ago. Try to buy an Action 1 at two years ago price. There are three Batman 1 in 9.0 and only 1 Action 7 in 8.0. All are the highest graded. Graded Batman 1 are 6x more available than Action 7.

not really fair to compare the 2, I only brought up my "2 year" out as an example...

lower grade batman's have doubled in price in the past 2 years... a 9.0 copy has only gone up 10%...

the price paid for that action 7 was the result of 2 folks that "had" to have it...the majority of folks bowed out at $75K...

if another copy appeared on the market, I truly believe it would have a tough time topping 160K... hence, my 10% appreciation value...

Yep! I bowed out at 80k........this one auction is the one that really made me lose confidence in myself in predicting prices. I have never been so embarrassingly off with a book.[percentage wise]

It's the highest A7 and no other. I do agree if another 8.0 shows up, it have a hard time topping the old price. But with how hot early Action supe are 10% is bit conservative Just making my analysis and opinion.

but action 7 has always been "hot" and in demand... just because a few of us boardies are talking about it more than pre robin tecs recently, don't let that cloud any analysis or opinions...

keep in mind the book already sold 2 years ago for about 100% more than it "should" have (all things being equal)... so, 10% more is not "just" 10%, it is really like 55% over the 2 years... seems about right imo

I agree. Action 7 has already had its exponential growth.A 10 percent premium on top of exponential growth seems like a healthy cool down for a very hot book and its good for the book actually.

I agree. Action 7 has already had its exponential growth.A 10 percent premium on top of exponential growth seems like a healthy cool down for a very hot book and its good for the book actually.

You both make a very good point! (thumbs u

I agree with the assessment that this book received such a high price simply because 2 people felt that they had to have it. While Action #7 will always be a high demand book, it wouldn't suprise me at all that if this book was put up for auction again that the price achieved could be lower then the 143K fetched last time. I think whoever paid 143K, paid for many years of growth on this book. meh

I agree with the assessment that this book received such a high price simply because 2 people felt that they had to have it. While Action #7 will always be a high demand book, it wouldn't suprise me at all that if this book was put up for auction again that the price achieved could be lower then the 143K fetched last time. I think whoever paid 143K, paid for many years of growth on this book. meh

I so agree with you here that I wish I had said it first..You are 100% on the dot with that prediction.

when it comes to early actions, very few folks that I appreciate hearing from more than action1kid (thumbs u

I guess you feel my opinions and insights are not worthy. :sorry:

:makepoint: my statement was not exclusionary of you (or anyone else) , just complimentary to the living legend action1kid (thumbs u

when it comes to early actions, very few folks that I appreciate hearing from more than action1kid (thumbs u

I guess you feel my opinions and insights are not worthy. :sorry:

:makepoint: my statement was not exclusionary of you (or anyone else) , just complimentary to the living legend action1kid (thumbs u

Sometimes indirect statements can not fully understood. I get what you mean. (thumbs u More information is the key and the board is one of the best place. (thumbs u

That's why the Superman Comics ashcan is so cool - the Action 7 cover really makes it.

Action 7 counterpart = Tec 29. Would Tec 29 be considered the "poor man's" Tec 27? hm Seems like I've heard of it more with A1 and A7 than T27 and T29.

Definitely, TEC 29 is the poor man's TEC and is hella cool to own in my books. :cloud9:

Action 7 counterpart = Tec 29. Would Tec 29 be considered the "poor man's" Tec 27? hm Seems like I've heard of it more with A1 and A7 than T27 and T29.

Definitely, TEC 29 is the poor man's TEC and is hella cool to own in my books. :cloud9:

I know its a 50/50 on the Tec 29/ 31 favored vote.

But I still say 31. And (arguably) Tec 31 is possibly more sought for the cover and guides more, BUT, Tec 29 already being darn close in demand and also with it being more scarce than 31 - I think 29 may always win out in FMV $$$ grade for grade over the 31.

31 is my "Poor Man's" Tec 27. :cloud9:

I know its a 50/50 on the Tec 29/ 31 favored vote.

But I still say 31. And (arguably) Tec 31 is possibly more sought for the cover and guides more, BUT, Tec 29 already being darn close in demand and also with it being more scarce than 31 - I think 29 may always win out in FMV $$$ grade for grade over the 31.

31 is my "Poor Man's" Tec 27. :cloud9:

Imagine if TEC31 is a scarce as TEC29...the FMV will be more. TEC31 :cloud9: and still on my radar.