• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics # 7 for sale on Comic connect.

74 posts in this topic

and I am just the opposite...29 over 31 for me 7 out of 10 times (thumbs u

How about...33 over both 29 & 31. :cloud9:

:o

Hmm what to pick? Well since I own those issues, I guess I don't have to choose which one id rather own :P

Hmm what to pick? Well since I own those issues, I guess I don't have to choose which one id rather own :P

Out of curiosity, how would you rank the three if they were all in identical condition?

Out of curiosity, how would you rank the three if they were all in identical condition?

I think 31 is the best cover ever in Detective Comics and symobolizes how Batman should be portrayed as.. Then I'd go with 29 then 33..

I like the cover to #31 better, but #29 is a better book IMHO. But I'd be thrilled to own either one. And 33 is no slouch, either.

for the cover :o

for the cover :o

Personally, I love the cover for 33. I could certainly see why more people would prefer the covers to 29 and 31; and while both of those issues possess their own respective degrees of significance beyond their covers, IMO...that cannot top the origin of Batman (especially when the cover of 33 is great in its own right).

One could argue that the origin of Batman in Tec #33 is the most important GA story ever told. For instance, I read both Batman #700 and Detective #866 the other night and it took all of about a few pages before the events of Tec #33 were brought up in both books.

That same night, I was watching a documentary about Batman's psychology on my Dark Knight Blu-Ray and they began to discuss the events of Tec #33 while also highlighting the actual pages from the original issue itself...multiple times. I'm not saying that these are the factors that make Tec #33 is important as it is but it does help to illustrate the historical significance that the book holds to this very day.

To me, the covers of Detective 29, 31, & 33 are the three best in the Pre-Robin Tec run; but that's just my personal opinion. In that instance, the importance of Batman's origin trumps any cover; no matter how great.

I think 31 is the best cover ever in Detective Comics and symbolizes how Batman should be portrayed as.. Then I'd go with 29 then 33..

I agree, but 29 has the BEST story by far out of those three...

hm Somehow an Action 7 thread has slowly been turned into a Pre-Robin Tec thread.

No worries...I've come up with a solution to this issue.

We not longer need to turn a cold shoulder to Action #7 as it's more than worthy of its own discussion. Maybe we can get all of the Pre-Robin Tec hype out of our systems in the new thread. (thumbs u

hm Somehow an Action 7 thread has slowly been turned into a Pre-Robin Tec thread.

it all started with the "poor man" talk. I blame Primetime. :D

For some reason, even the term "poor man's Action #1 or Tec #27" is a huge compliment in my eyes.

I think the first time I heard Action #7 being referred to as a poor man's Action #1 was when showcase22gr1959 talked about his NG Action #7 being a poor man's Action #1.

I couldn't help but be envious and think to myself..."I'd sure love to own something that amazing".

Now I do...IMO.