• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam Hughes + T&A = wow

13 posts in this topic

The funny thing about that auction to me is that Adam usually puts a sketch up for auction at each convention and they go for about 2K. The other 2K in the bid would easily pay for the trip to pick it up. Seems to me that it'd be more fun to go that way.

Alex,

Big difference is Adam puts up an auction to get a drawing Adam will do while this one is finished. Con drawings even if set up prior to a con can be hit or miss, the final result may not be exactly what a collector wants. With this one you know excatly what the finished piece is. So that I can see effecting the price, but 2x? The AH! auction prices are insane if its a pre-done one or winning one that will be drawn.

I'm not commenting on the relative merits of either artist other than to say that Dave Stevens commented on how much he admired Adam's work :)

Still don't see what the big deal is with AH,yes he's good but he's no Dave Stevens.

hm all I can think about is how many REAL tits I could buy with 4K :banana:

It's not the parts that cost the money, it's the installation. (thumbs u

I'm not commenting on the relative merits of either artist other than to say that Dave Stevens commented on how much he admired Adam's work :)

Still don't see what the big deal is with AH,yes he's good but he's no Dave Stevens.

OK, I'll comment on the relative merits of each artists work. I think they were and are brilliant and rare talents. JMHO.

Scott Williams

OK, I'll comment on the relative merits of each artists work. I think they were and are brilliant and rare talents. JMHO.

Scott Williams

I'm not saying AH isn't good cause he is, It's just that AH's work doesn't "jump out at me" the way Steven's work does.