• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REALLY early Four Colors, more books added!

78 posts in this topic

Last up for today, a couple GA superhero books.

First up:

Catman Comics V3#1, whole number 11, with Joe Kubert art.

Book is flat, clean, square, upper staple a touch loose at cover, but tight at CF. Good gloss, but has long thin strip off upper RH FC, along with missing corner chip, also upper RH FC. Some NCB dogears also upper RH FC, may not be visible in scan. Light pencil upper edge FC, may not be visible in scan. Back cover has a couple dust shadows, see scan. Interior is creamy and supple, with just a hint of tanning at extreme edges.

Take it for $125 SOLD!

catman11fc.jpg

catman11bc.jpg

First up:

Book is flat, clean, square, upper staple a touch loose at cover, but tight at CF. Good gloss, but has long thin strip off upper RH FC, along with missing corner chip, also upper RH FC. Some NCB dogears also upper RH FC, may not be visible in scan. Light pencil upper edge FC, may not be visible in scan. Back cover has a couple dust shadows, see scan. Interior is creamy and supple, with just a hint of tanning at extreme edges.

Take it for $125

catman11fc.jpg

catman11bc.jpg

:takeit:

First up:

Take it for $125

catman11fc.jpg

catman11bc.jpg

SOLD! Another score for FUELMAN!

Last book for the evening:

Black Terror 6, Schomburg cover, nice copy.

Book is flat, clean, square, but slightly miswrapped and has a 1/4" split at upper spine. Pretty nice gloss, back cover is clean except for a couple very thin dust shadows and a small dogear upper LH BC. Tight spine and CF, supple offwhite interior. Pretty nice copy!

$175 takes it SOLD!

terror6fc.jpg

terror6bc.jpg

Book is flat, clean, square, but slightly miswrapped and has a 1/4" split at upper spine. Pretty nice gloss, back cover is clean except for a couple very thin dust shadows and a small dogear upper LH BC. Tight spine and CF, supple offwhite interior. Pretty nice copy!

$175 takes it

terror6fc.jpg

terror6bc.jpg

$175 takes it

terror6fc.jpg

terror6bc.jpg

SOLD!

Howdy Comickid84,

I just saw that you're a newcomer hereabouts, you might not know about PM's yet.

I sent your a private message, if you look at the header of this page you should see a flashing red and white envelope. Click on it and it will link you to the message I sent you, which contains my mailing information and your total for the sale.

Thought I'd point it out, just in case you hadn't stumbled across it yet.

Rick

Howdy Blind Owl,

I hadn't ever even SEEN most of these FC's before, and I've NEVER had anything before out of the first series.

These are fun, fun reads too, reprinting some of the best newspaper strips ever done.

Thus endeth the Four Colors.

Next up, a couple WWII vintage books

First up:

United States Marines 3, featuring one of Our Boys flamethrowing the evil Tojo octopus! Book is okay from the front side, but the silverfish have been at the perimiter of the BC, see scans. Ahh well, the flamethrower cover is still a nice displaying item.

$40 takes it. SOLD!

m3fc.jpg

m3bc.jpg

(thumbs u great Tojo cover

Howdy Comickid84,

I just saw that you're a newcomer hereabouts, you might not know about PM's yet.

I sent your a private message, if you look at the header of this page you should see a flashing red and white envelope. Click on it and it will link you to the message I sent you, which contains my mailing information and your total for the sale.

Thought I'd point it out, just in case you hadn't stumbled across it yet.

Rick

Thank you, I'm definitely still finding my way around the boards, but it's great to be here. Sent you a pm. :hi:

All right folks, I'm heading out for the evening, I'll answer any PM's on the remaining books tomorrow, and may toss up a few more comics.

G'night!