• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 1 CGC 4.5 Blue. Heritage auction.

60 posts in this topic

Most likely not graded knowing Fishler. He has too many good books not graded because he's afraid of being screwed by CGC if he sent them down.

He did just list a #1 in CGC VG/FN 5.0 unrestored. Very presentable copy for just a front scan.

I've always felt that Detective Comics #1 (as well as #2-26) are very hard for me to place a personal value upon.

No one can question the historical significance of Detective #1 and even though he's not technically a "superhero", Slam Bradley is an important part of DC's early history...I also liked the Crimson Avenger who came along later.

But Detective #1 is not a book we see often available for sale so when they do pop up every now and then, they certainly warrant a discussion.

I've always felt that Detective Comics #1 (as well as #2-26) are very hard for me to place a personal value upon.

No one can question the historical significance of Detective #1 and even though he's not technically a "superhero", Slam Bradley is an important part of DC's early history...I also liked the Crimson Avenger who came along later.

But Detective #1 is not a book we see often available for sale so when they do pop up every now and then, they certainly warrant a discussion.

i can come up with my personal value on them pretty easily.

:grin: That made me giggle.

please ,don't encourage lol

please ,don't encourage lol

BP doesn't need encouragement. All he needs is someone with a pulse to listen.

I volunteer!

:roflmao:

A DETECTIVE 1 PERHAPS HAS THE BEST COVER IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS!!!! EXCEPT MAYBE FOR AN ACTION 1. OR AN ACTION 7. OR AN ACTION 3. OR AN ACTION 10. OR AN ACTION 13...

WELL, YOU GET THE IDEA!!!!!!!

A DETECTIVE 1 PERHAPS HAS THE BEST COVER IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS!!!! EXCEPT MAYBE FOR AN ACTION 1. OR AN ACTION 7. OR AN ACTION 3. OR AN ACTION 10. OR AN ACTION 13...

'tec 1: a virtual paragon of simplistic perfection, a feast for the heart and the head!

Wow Steve....

What's happening with you today????? hm

There's no oil on the beach in California.... yet.... :grin:

Wow Steve....

Happy hour! :cloud9:

Wow Steve....

well he is so right. I love tecs and actions as much as anybody but the focus on them, and even more so as steve points out the focus on the issues of those runs that have long underwear characters on the cover is ridiculous. Its like they are the only comic books ever published.