• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet out in a number of weeks, what will it say?

59 posts in this topic

When at a show since 1996 Ive been picking up valiant keys quietly until word seems to have gotten out on them. I just dont find Keys or Gold editions around anymore over these past two years. Chaos Omega Gold, Harbinger Pink, Alpha Red, etc are just not around anymore in any sort of quanity. I used to find a few around each show. Now its more like every 4 shows. These books just are not around anymore in any quantity. Has anyone else noticed the same.

Valiantman, have you noticed supply slowly drying up?

I'm not sure how many Valiants are available for "quietly picking up"...

but there are good quantities for grabbing at "market prices" on Ebay.

Harbinger 0 Pink is a weekly book for Ebay... Chaos Omega Gold is weekly, too.

Chaos Effect Alpha Red doesn't show up often... so it usually breaks $100 in NM.

It appears to be a "regional effect" for Valiant...

one guy reported finding Harbinger 1 through 6 for $0.78 each last week...

but another guy said there's a copy of #1 on the wall in his LCS for $50.

Ebay prices have been $15 to $30... depending on the quality of the scan

(and more importantly, the description of the coupon being included).

I don't know if my "market report" will be in Overstreet #34 this year...

but if anyone's interested, Lyria has posted the info.

I collated the whole list from that thread and others, but I can tell you right now that while some corrections made it in, plenty of them were not in hand in time to make it into this edition. But I still have the whole list and encourage more feedback as well. We'll get them all in one way or another - there's always the next book too smile.gif. Yes, people are listening.

Arnold

Thanks Arnold. thumbsup2.gif

I wonder if the Next Men 21 blow up made it into the pages!! thumbsup2.gif

Bob tends to be conservative on hype-inflated prices. And usually comes out pretty accurate in the end. It may list somewhere near $35-$50, and we'll see it come back to those levels after the movie hype dies down.

(i.e., SELL NOW!)

Agreed. Now is the time to flip this book if someone wants to make money. Holding it until after the movie is released won't net profits.

Then again, some may just keep the book becuase they like the issue 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Darn Collectors, they're spoiling the dang hobby!! 893censored-thumb.gif

They had Albedo #2 listed at $10 2 years ago, and $14 last year. EVERY copy on Ebay (slabbed or not) in ANY condition has sold for over $200 in the past year.

A 1500% price rise in one year, in Overstreet? Don't hold your breath brother. grin.gif

3 - The rare Man Of Steel Contest Giveaway - Despite the recent fuss, I still paid $750 for it, so its Overstreet listing of $22 might be a LITTLE incorrect !!!!!!

Wow! I sold one of these on eBay about a year ago and was pretty pleased to get around $50 for it. And no I'm not thinking of the regular TPB - it was the contest one with the letter.

And although it is too soon for the guide to reflect the Double Action sales, I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that next year's guide won't show a huge increase either.

The rare Man Of Steel Contest Giveaway - Wow! I sold one of these on eBay about a year ago and was pretty pleased to get around $50 for it. And no I'm not thinking of the regular TPB - it was the contest one with the letter.

WOW !!!!! With the dark blue cover ???? Who did you sell it to ????

WOW !!!!! With the dark blue cover ???? Who did you sell it to ????

Yep, that's the one.

Don't remember who it was - but I guess they're pretty happy now.

It actually sat on the wall of our store for about two years and not

one person even looked at it, so I was happy to even move it.

For an example of those crazy prices, our Shadow # 1 9.8 (Q) sold for 70 times guide, but I doubt it will really raise the price of the average sale for Overstreet purposes. Even though there were 5 9.8's with 4 more on the way, there just aren't enough OTHER verified sales to bring it up. Now Hulk 181 would be a better example that the average price paid is more than last year, so (in theory) it should raise, with all 50 or so advisors reporting strong activity across the board. Additionally, a lot of dealers don't turn in their guides with the marked prices to alert OS of the changes.

Lastly, we sell the retailer / capital city copy of Man of Steel TPB with letter for $45-75.00 depending on grade. Handled probably a even dozen.

Lastly, we sell the retailer / capital city copy of Man of Steel TPB with letter for $45-75.00 depending on grade. Handled probably a even dozen.

Are you sure you're talking about the dark blue covered contest rarity bound together version, and not the first scarce black coloured cover Trade Paperback ????

Are you sure you're talking about the dark blue covered contest rarity bound together version, and not the first scarce black coloured cover Trade Paperback ????

Ours are the graph paper looking softcover ones. I think they released like an RRP edition.

They had Albedo #2 listed at $10 2 years ago, and $14 last year. EVERY copy on Ebay (slabbed or not) in ANY condition has sold for over $200 in the past year.

A 1500% price rise in one year, in Overstreet? Don't hold your breath brother. grin.gif

Another one is on Ebay right now - a VF copy with some rust on the staples, and it's over $240 right now. I don't expect Overstreet to up the price to $1000 or anything, but he should put it at a minimum of at least $200 in NM, and it should really be $800 in NM if he was being honest.