• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal charging for refunds in August

27 posts in this topic

Sorry, I would not invest a dime in their stock. People are complaining in piles and jumping ship. If your talking FUNDIMENTALS, people are fed up and going other places. Sellers are getting hit with low dsrs due to reasons I could list that would take pages. Just go to their feedback forum and check it out. I in turn have been hit with 5 low dsrs that have destroyed my 20% discount even though Ive broken my rear to take care of everyone for things like - Feedback from one person- "Item smaller than I thought it would be" even though measurements to the millimeter of the specimen are included dead center in item description. I sell minerals that pay for my comics. Thats just one low dsr I received. I could go on. Horror stories for sellers. Its becoming a complete waste of time if you think you are going to get ahead as a seller. Even complaints of competion having someone buy something from you and then posting low dsr to blow you out of the water with discounts and lower in search. Need I go on.

Very few people are jumping ship in the overall scheme. More and more people are selling their old on eBay instead of at the yard sale. Paypal has moved beyond just a form of payment on eBay to everyday use for everything from online shopping to person-to-person credit card purchases. Yes, I was paid via Paypal for some yard furniture I was selling at a yard sale. If people were jumping ship then additional fees would not be their game plan. I'm not arguing that all these changes are good, but they are not a sign of eBay and Paypal running into trouble. If anything I see a potential powerhouse in years to come. Possible buyout from Google or Apple or something.

Very few people are jumping ship in the overall scheme. More and more people are selling their old on eBay instead of at the yard sale. Paypal has moved beyond just a form of payment on eBay to everyday use for everything from online shopping to person-to-person credit card purchases. Yes, I was paid via Paypal for some yard furniture I was selling at a yard sale. If people were jumping ship then additional fees would not be their game plan. I'm not arguing that all these changes are good, but they are not a sign of eBay and Paypal running into trouble. If anything I see a potential powerhouse in years to come. Possible buyout from Google or Apple or something.

I'm still mad that eBay banned me for life because several fraudulent buyers did paypal chargebacks on items they bought from me. Ebay's reasoning was that since I was "involved" in several scams, the logical step was to punish me...nevermind that my involvement was as the VICTIM of scams that paypal FACILITATED.

If people were jumping ship then additional fees would not be their game plan.

Actually, that's *exactly* what happens under this scenario - companies make their existing customer base pay more for the same services.

If people were jumping ship then additional fees would not be their game plan.

Actually, that's *exactly* what happens under this scenario - companies make their existing customer base pay more for the same services.

Yeah, we should all know that, we collect comics lol

Bruce