• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Props

28 posts in this topic

I have to give out credit to the board members who can quickly see through some of the scams being tried in the sale forums. Guy today got outed in about 20 mins on a high grade key. I know when I looked at it at first something seemed a little off but man the proof was posted up quickly by the group. Good job. Gotta love having knowledgeable people around especially when there is a lot of cash at stake. Just my 2 cents. I know its rare, but the scammers still try once in a while. wish they would stick to ebay.....

:applause:

Link? :popcorn:

Some of the threads were deleted - first thread was from len47811 with a bunch of raw high-grade SA where the scans were stolen from other sellers.

Subsequent threads were from ricos777 (who, coincidentally, shared a photobucket account with len47811) - who tried to sell a high-grade raw X-Men 94 where he'd cropped a scan of a CGC 9.6 copy owned by comicmylars that's currently on ebay.

That thread is still there:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4098400&fpart=1

He was also selling a "MINT" Wolverine #145 Nabisco variant where he refused to believe that a color-breaking corner crease would keep it out of 9.8/9.9 territory. That thread is gone.

And it looks like Arch found another account from the same guy - Darkshadows:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4098531&Main=195483#Post4098531

Nuts I guess I can't be posting this picture then

stormbreaker.jpg

:D

For a second there I thought that might be one of the 'naked guy in the reflection of a shiny object' type pictures you see on Ebay occasionally, and was scared to look too closely. Then I figured out you were making a 'banhammer' reference and all was good in the world again. :D