• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Green Hornet Movie - January 2011

31 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to see a good Green Hornet movie for a long time, but this doesn't look like the one. Maybe it will at least get the old television series released to DVD.

I can't overlook Christoph Waltz as the villain. The guy's a genius of an actor. I would see any movie with him cast as the villain without a second thought towards the rest of the cast.

I can't overlook Christoph Waltz as the villain. The guy's a genius of an actor. I would see any movie with him cast as the villain without a second thought towards the rest of the cast.

+10000000000000000000000

I saw him in the trailer and fangirled all over my laptop. Sweet, sweet beautiful Christoph Waltz will save us all! Unf unf unf. :cloud9:

It's coming out in January, which is usually the dumping ground for films so I right now I have mixed feelings about how this will turn out. I had higher hopes about this since Michel Gondry signed on to direct. The trailer does look a little too jokey but I hope that is just because they are trying to market this to fit into people's pre-conceived knowledge of Seth Rogan the comedian.

Actually looks better than I thought. A little bit too familiar with the Iron Man playboy by day, vigilante by night theme... and the cute blond secretary.. Gwenith/Diaz... what's ther difference..

Jay Chou is an okay actor.... it's his martial arts Im going to have a problem believing in. He's a panzy in real life.... should have gotten Jet Li or tony jaa and done this movie years ago with Smiths -script and Walburg as Brit...

But.. like I said... still looks better than I thought it would. But it's only a trailer... those are like covers of a book.

I just don't think a totally straight Green Hornet movie would work these days. From the trailer, this version seems watchable, and might even make a few bucks.

It needs to make more than a few bucks - after production costs and advertising they'll need to make over 200 mil to turn a profit.