• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this eBay auction.........

9 posts in this topic

I don't see how it could be.....but then you never know. What I do know is that it is a crazy auction. If it only gets to $20 then you only get this guys assessment of what books match that amount. It is not like this even is a lottery where you may get something valued more than you spend.

Crack smokers of the world unite. insane.gif

Here's a copy of an e-mail I got from him just now:

Hello,

Sorry you feel my auction is not on the up and up.

I do not like to meet in person, never have, never will. If I had a physical store it might be different. But I don't feel comfortable tooling around town with high dollar items and lots of cash that people know I have.

I don't have actual scans of the comics I have on-site because my scanner is down. The silver age collection and two Amazing #1's I am selling belong to a friend who lives many miles away. He is almost a recluse, and very anal about handling his comics. Which I don't blame him.

If you look at my feedback rating you will see I am not in the business of screwing people over. I've only had two individual people file a negative feedback...one from a guy I am certain was scamming people. And another from a guy who was unwilling to communicate after the transaction.

I don't know what to say except do not bid on my auction if you have doubts about its legitimacy. But you may be missing out on some great comics. We are going to look at the final value price...then select a handful of silver age comics that total more than your money's worth. Or if it gets high enough...send out BIG key issues such as Amazing Spider-Man #1. It's just a different type of auction. I feel confident whoever wins the auction will leave positive feedback because they will get a great deal. We are even going to let the winner request what comics he wants and provide them if possible.

Please feel free to write me back at anytime. If you feel I am in violation of Ebay policies feel free to write them, but I hope you don't feel that is necessary.

Thanks,

Patrick.

I don't have actual scans of the comics I have on-site because my scanner is down. The silver age collection and two Amazing #1's I am selling belong to a friend who lives many miles away. He is almost a recluse, and very anal about handling his comics. Which I don't blame him.

How did he scan the ASM #1 then?????????????????

I don't see how it could be.....but then you never know. What I do know is that it is a crazy auction. If it only gets to $20 then you only get this guys assessment of what books match that amount. It is not like this even is a lottery where you may get something valued more than you spend.

Crack smokers of the world unite. insane.gif

this just about takes the cake insane.gif

and there are now 6 bids and it's up almost to $1000. of course the 5 individuals bidding have about a combined feedback score around 60, so this might wind up being a match made in heaven cloud9.gifangel.gifcloud9.gif