• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase New England

21 posts in this topic

Haven't dealt with them yet, but considering it. Anybody have any input or experiences with them? Is their grading as good as they claim?

I bought a raw Doctor Strange #169 NM+ from them and it came back a 9.6.

On the other hand, I bought a group of Giant Size Issues and Fantasy Masterpieces, all advertised as NM and NM+. I haven't had them graded, but they look like they range from 8.5 to 9.4.

They do take returns and are pretty fast. I'd recommend them.

Unpredictable grading at times but very nice to deal with if you have problems. The stuff i have won lately has been graded very tightly but in the last year had a few problems but returned for a full refund no hassles. I would not hesitate to do business with them if you see something you like.

My experiences with them has been similar to everyone here. I have found a gem every now and then with them but overall they overgrade their books a bit. They grade high instead of low. I recommend buying only books they grade as NM+ to NM/Mt because their NM is like many peoples VF to VF+

My experience has been so-so. I recently bought a lot of 100 modern books advertised as 9.8. I have had 20 graded so far and 10 of these have come back 9.4 or lower...one came back a 6.5! If you want a refund from them, they require that you send the entire lot back; however, I don't know if they would refund grading charges per their "CGC guarantee".

I am in the process of aquiring a refund for 2 books from a seller that said he purchased the books from SNE in the grade he had advertised. One book was nowhere near the VF+/NM- grade and the second was advertised as VF+ but was closer to VF-. frown.gif

This is the extent of my experiance with them thus far albiet via 3rd party.

If you deal with them, and they ignore you because they overgraded your books...

Don't leave anything other than positive feedback, otherwise they will leave you negative feedback, even though you paid promptly.

The guy is a real , in my opinion.

I bought an Avengers #4 from them they graded 9.0 vf/nm and it came back from cgc an apparent 7.5 I did recieve a full refund plus one half of my cgc grading fee.

Have a good weekend,

Ericc123

Yikes, after hearing all of these stories I will steer clear guys! Thanks!

I usually try to stay away from big dealers since the communication and customer service is usually lacking and does not compare to transactions with your average comic collector (most of the time). However, Ideal Collectibles has always been good to me. Great communication! They usually respond to your question within 24 hours which is good in my book since I know it is tough for them since they on average have 200+ auctions running daily. Kudos to Ideal. laugh.gif

Thanks for the input everyone.

Although the reactions seem to be mixed I may purchase from them, but as one member suggested I'm not parking huge money into their stuff.

Just be ready to send them to CGC unless you're confident in your ability to detect restoration. I bought a Spidey 12 as a VF/NM and a Spidey 18 as a VF/NM from them in 2000 and paid $400 and $300 for each respectively. I haven't sent them to CGC but the Spidey 12 is an 8.0 at best, and the Spidey 18 is a restored 7.5 to 8.0 (pressing, piece replaced on the back cover, maybe more but I'm not great at detecting color touch yet).

When I bought them I had just re-entered the hobby, so I wasn't wise about grading or restoration detection then. Ah well, didn't get ripped too badly on the Spidey 12, but I got a minor arse reamin' on the 18.