• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 27

29 posts in this topic

CGC is very tough on stains. I will guess 3.0

You guys do know that the apparent "stain" next to the shaft of the BB gun is not a stain but the ad art, right? The water stains are the light tide lines not the yellow-brown splotches.

The chip out of the FC is the biggest flaw. I don't disagree with a 3.0, but primarily because of the piece missing.

I agree with divad about the staining. Next to the gun is not a stain...here's a scan of my TTA #27:

TalestoAstonish27GD.jpg

TalestoAstonish27GDBack.jpg

I also agree that the missing piece is what will bring the grade down the most. I just wish that chunk wasn't missing out of the back cover of my copy. That's why I think mine is only a 1.8 to 2.0.

CGC is very tough on stains. I will guess 3.0

You guys do know that the apparent "stain" next to the shaft of the BB gun is not a stain but the ad art, right? The water stains are the light tide lines not the yellow-brown splotches.

The chip out of the FC is the biggest flaw. I don't disagree with a 3.0, but primarily because of the piece missing.

I agree that the 'apparent' stain is often mistaken for the real thing but there is a significant mositure stain on the upper left of the BC with much rippling. That stain is real.

3.5 FC, 2.5 BC. 3.0 overall....CGC might hammer at 2.5 tho with the water damage. Nice Mark!

Here's a common misconception - CGC doesn't "hammer" a 3.0 for staining - it gives the book a 3.0 for staining. CGC's job is, and always has been, to "give the book the highest grade possible." And you can quote me on that. :grin: