• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JULY 4TH SALE! EARLY FC'S, CDNP, QUALITY, WHIZ, WDC&S, MORE!

173 posts in this topic

Heya Torch,

Just finished dinner, now a short break while I go buy more beer...and mebbe a nice salty snack for later, lol

The Funnies 59, Sept 1941

General wear, spine roll, and light water stain along RH edge of book, can be seen on BC, barely on FC, and hardly at all on interior...but it's there. Sigh...

Third appearance of Captain Midnight.

$100 takes it

funnies59fc.jpg

funnies59bc.jpg

The Funnies 58, August 1941

Second appearance of Captain Midnight, this copy is flat and square enough, with decent amount of gloss, but has a small tape pull above Cap's left shoulder, and a smal tear in the wing, RH FC. Couple small tears BC at spine, see scans.

That's about it. Solid copy.

Oh, and a scrawly pencil last name sig above the logo, lol

$150 takes it

funnies58fc.jpg

funnies58bc.jpg

Captain Midnight 22 July 1944

Flat and square, but there's an eraser sized piece missing from the spine above the staple, BC. Minor general wear, and for a change of pace some pencil initials above the logo.

$40 takes it

cap22fc.jpg

cap22bc.jpg

Captain Midnight 38 March 1946

Flat, square, pretty clean, offwhite supple interior, tight spine and CF. Dust shadow or light foxing along RH FC at top and bottom, couple small tears BC

$40 takes it SOLD!

cap38fc.jpg

cap38bc.jpg

Smash Comics 15, October 1940

This one presents well, but it's had a rough life. The entire spine is taped along the interior, along with a couple big tears FC and BC Really, other than that, just some general wear.

Second appearance of The Ray, by Lou Fine

$125 takes it

smash15fc.jpg

smash15bc.jpg

Let's mix things up a bit with a couple non-Helen Gray books. Picked this one up in Detroit last weekend, thought it was an upgrade for my copy, but it turns out I have a nice 42, it's my 43 that's a rag. Sigh...

Superman 42, your basic G.

Front cover is decent enough, with general wear, light soiling, small pencil, couple tears at staples. The back cover, however, has a couple pieces out, and at the bottom missing piece the last six leaves have a matching 1 inch tear. All paper is still present on the pages. Tight spine and cf, supple offwhite pages.

Edit.

Couple longish tears BC from the two missing pieces.

$90 takes it.

superman42fc.jp.jpg

superman42bc.jp.jpg

Animal Comics 13

Well, this one isn't signed by Helen, but it IS signed (and more neatly to boot)

Decent enough copy, but it has chipping along RH FC, and a whiff of spine roll. Interior is cream-offwhite, and the cf is loose at the upper staple.

$15 takes it

animal13fc.jpg

animal13bc.jpg

:takeit: if you dont mind that I am combing with scrooge. I will be paying for my purchase though. Scrooge is ok with it.

Bruce

The Thing 17, 1954

Solid lower grade copy, with general wear, 1/2" split upper spine, couple tears on interior pages, nothing into the art. Ditko cover and story, Ayers story. Alice in Wonderland parody. 32 pages of precode fun!

$100 takes it SOLD!

thing17fc.jpg

thing17bc.jpg

:takeit: if you dont mind that I am combing with scrooge. I will be paying for my purchase though. Scrooge is ok with it.

Can't wait to read it in fact lol

Scrooge, so cheap he reads other peoples books. haha.

I want to read the Smash Comics in this thread, Fine is Fine

Animal Comics 13

Well, this one isn't signed by Helen, but it IS signed (and more neatly to boot)

Decent enough copy, but it has chipping along RH FC, and a whiff of spine roll. Interior is cream-offwhite, and the cf is loose at the upper staple.

$15 takes it

animal13fc.jpg

animal13bc.jpg

Bruce

Boy, I dunno, this high finance makes my head hurt.

I'm assuming that when you say you're combing with Scrooge that you mean "combining", not grooming each other for fleas, lol LOL

Fine with me if it's okay with the Scroogemeister!

Thanks for the buy!

Animal Comics 13

$15 takes it

animal13fc.jpg

animal13bc.jpg

Bruce

Boy, I dunno, this high finance makes my head hurt.

I'm assuming that when you say you're combing with Scrooge that you mean "combining", not grooming each other for fleas, lol LOL

Fine with me if it's okay with the Scroogemeister!

Thanks for the buy!

Yeah. Eating, playing online video games and watching MIB. Not the best combo for posting.

Bruce

Okay, I have enough ambition tonight for one more book. Requests?

Four Color? Looney Tunes? Our Gang? Police Comics? WDC&S? Crime Does Not Pay?