• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JULY 4TH SALE! EARLY FC'S, CDNP, QUALITY, WHIZ, WDC&S, MORE!

173 posts in this topic

CDNP it is!

Crime Does Not Pay 36, November 1944

Flat and glossy, with some minor issues. Tiny hole lower left FC, dust shadows lower FC, light dust shadow lower BC, small tear upper LH FC

All that being said, it's a mighty pretty book, VERY nicely presenting. Cream to offwhite pages, tight spine and CF

$80 takes it

cdnp36fc.jpg

cdnp36bc.jpg

Four Color 4, second series, Smilin' Jack

Pretty book, with a few minor issues.

Book is flat and square, minor general wear, the now-infamous Helen Gray sig upper edge FC, small chips out upper and lower spine BC, see scans. There's something odd going odd inside the back cover, minor discoloration, as though a rough piece of paper was inserted inside it, leaving an irregular brown line along the upper edge...almost like a water stain, but the back cover doesn't have a matching line. Weird...

Anyhow, tight spine, tight cf, nice creamy pages.

$70 takes it

fc4fc.jpg

fc4bc.jpg

On the road for two days...sigh...You're going to shame me into one more FC aren't you? Okay, Scrooge. You pick the number and I'll scan it. 7, 12, 21, 25, 26, 30, 43, 54, 55, 58, 75, 77, 141, 149

Go for it!

Congratulations, Scrooge, your unerring instinct for a deal has lead you to the worst condition book of ALL the Four Colors!

Four Color 12, Bambi

Book looks pretty nice until you realize that the cover is completely detached, with paper torn out at upper staple, and torn apart at lower staple. All the paper seems to still be there, wadded up at lower staple but still attached, and the loose piece at the upper staple is still attached....to the staple, lol

Dust shadow upper FC, silverfish chews upper spine, Helen's signature, this time in ink. Small chips off most pages upper RH of the book, looks like something neatly sliced off a buncha dogears...because the lower RH has a bunch of dogears same general size and area. Small, but definitely there.

When all is said and done, a perfectly decent reader/filler, and nothing more.

Overstreet in G is $50, $30 takes it. SOLD!

fc12fc.jpg

fc12b.jpg

Captain Midnight 38 March 1946

Flat, square, pretty clean, offwhite supple interior, tight spine and CF. Dust shadow or light foxing along RH FC at top and bottom, couple small tears BC

$40 takes it

cap38fc.jpg

cap38bc.jpg

This is a solid book at a very fair price--

:takeit:

Congratulations, Scrooge, your unerring instinct for a deal has lead you to the worst condition book of ALL the Four Colors!

Four Color 12, Bambi

Book looks pretty nice until you realize that the cover is completely detached, with paper torn out at upper staple, and torn apart at lower staple. All the paper seems to still be there, wadded up at lower staple but still attached, and the loose piece at the upper staple is still attached....to the staple, lol

Dust shadow upper FC, silverfish chews upper spine, Helen's signature, this time in ink. Small chips off most pages upper RH of the book, looks like something neatly sliced off a buncha dogears...because the lower RH has a bunch of dogears same general size and area. Small, but definitely there.

Overstreet in G is $50, $30 takes it.

fc12fc.jpg

fc12b.jpg

Four Color 12, Bambi

Overstreet in G is $50, $30 takes it.

fc12fc.jpg

fc12b.jpg

I am so glad you did that, Michael...I was waiting because I knew your daughter needed it:) :applause:

I am so glad you did that, Michael...I was waiting because I knew your daughter needed it:) :applause:

lol

She's dangerously close to crawling forward that I will need to be more careful about where I put my comics from now on :cry:

Wups, got kicked offline for a couple there.

That's the last book for the evening, I'll be sending out PM's shortly,

Thanks to all who looked!

LOVE those early Four Colors! You just never see those books!

Heya Manatee, if you like early Four Colors, you'll surely like the rest of the thread. Between now and Tuesday or so I have several more to post, see the list above. Many interesting books indeed.

Rickster

Happy Fourth of July!

Okay, let's start out with a nice reader lot of Feature Comics, with Doll Man in all.

Issues 52. 55. 72. and 87, ALL of these are rough.

52 has critter chews, pencil, and a loose centerfold that must've been misfolded for a looooong time, the edges that were hanging out of the book got browned up and flaked away. It's still there, but the flaking was bad enough that one panel has been slightly affected.

55 has the same kinds of critter chews, and the cf is completely gone. Last part of Fargo Kid story is gone, first part of Swing Sisson is gone.

55 has a few pieces missing along the spine, 2" split upper spine with a large tear heading into the FC from the bottom of the split, and a goodly chunk upper RH of page 1 is missing. Affects splash and severly affects panels on page 2

87 is the best of a bad lot, with critter chews along RH edge and upper edge, upper spine of FC. Everything else is pretty decent. Nice reader copy if the silverfish chews don't bother you.

O'street is about $95 in G, take the lot for $45

feature52.jpg

feature55.jpg

feature62.jpg

feature87.jpg

Ghost Rider 4 (ME A-1 #34)

Nice enough copy, but there's something odd going on along the bottom third of the cover, there's a fading in the purple starting just below the knee of the cowboy in the blue jeans, and continuing up to midchest on the horse. May be visible in the scan, I'm thinking that something got peeled off. There were some other books in the accumulation that had a shoe store sticker just about that size.

That being said, it's a durned nice Frazetta cover, and four Ayers stories on the inside. Sadly, page 1 has a 3 inch tear that gets into the upper halfsplash panel, other than that a solid book.

Edit

Wups! Some small bug chews BC, see scan.

$72 in O'street, take this solid reader for $60 $50

ghost6fc.jpg

ghost6bc.jpg