• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JULY 4TH SALE! EARLY FC'S, CDNP, QUALITY, WHIZ, WDC&S, MORE!

173 posts in this topic

Feature Comics 85

Lower grade but solid, with chip out of spine by upper edge of staple, chip out upper edge FC, and small critter chew upper spine BC. Big ol' pencil scrawl through the logo, and this issue has a special bonus sig BC, lol CF loose, slight tears and chips along outer edge. Displays well for all of that, with a nice Dollman cover.

$15 takes it.

1feature85fc.jp.jpg

1feature85bc.jp.jpg

Smash Comics 62

Okay, this one has a little spine roll, chips out upper and lower spine, and a long, thin strip missing along the entire upper BC. It's ruler straight, but just rough enough that I think that the silverfish must've eaten everything that was exposed on the cover, something else must have been sitting on top of it.....I think.

Creamy interior, tight spine and cf, the usual pencil sig FC.

Take a decent reader away for $20

1smash62fc.jpg

1smash62bc.jpg

Okay, last book for the evening, the computer room is just too danged hot.

Police Comics 34, pretty copy

Good color, nice and square, suffers from small tears at staples, and a dust shadow along lower FC, loose CF, with small tears and a couple chips along edges, first leaf discolored about 1/2" along outer edge.

$75 takes it

1police34.jpg

1police34bc.jpg

That's it, PM for further details or additional scans, and stand by for more books tomorrow and Wednesday.

Upcoming highlights include early Archies and Our Gangs, Crime Does Not Pay, Looney Tunes and WDC&S, and those EARLY Four Colors.

Thanks for looking!

:takeit:

The Thing 17, the Baltimore Colts promotional comic, and Joker 30 are all SOLD via various PM's.

Thanks to all!

Stand by for a few early Archie Comics this evening, I'm finishing up some scans.

So. It's hot here in Michigan. No, I'm not kidding, it's Hot. AITCH OHH TEE HOT.

So, tonight's loadfest will be kinda short, I'm putting up a few Archie books and bailing for the air conditioning. Even a 24 inch window fan is keeping things just on the ragged edge of tolerable, even sitting here in nothing but my boxers.

Hmm. I may have said too much, lol

First up, Archie Comics 10

Sigh...Cover loose, spine taped to a fare-thee-well, and the CF is missing. Anyone want an affordable reader? O'street is $147 in Good, take this on for $40. SOLD!

1archie10fc.jpg

1archie10bc.jpg

So. It's hot here in Michigan. No, I'm not kidding, it's Hot. AITCH OHH TEE HOT.

So, tonight's loadfest will be kinda short, I'm putting up a few Archie books and bailing for the air conditioning. Even a 24 inch window fan is keeping things just on the ragged edge of tolerable, even sitting here in nothing but my boxers.

Hmm. I may have said too much, lol

First up, Archie Comics 10

Sigh...Cover loose, spine taped to a fare-thee-well, and the CF is missing. Anyone want an affordable reader? O'street is $147 in Good, take this on for $40.

Boxers? hm are you going to add another one of the PICTURES?

:tonofbricks:

Next up, Archie Comics 19

Decent enough reader, lower staple hanging on by a thread, general wear and some spine roll, dust shadows upper and LH FC. Interior nice offwhite.

$80 takes it.

1archie19fc.jpg

1archie19bc.jpg

Archie Comics 22

Pretty nice at first glance, but has a bit of spine roll, a big ol' ink sig on the BC, and the right hand side of the book has a light water stain. Noticeable on FC and BC, just barely visible on interior. Perfectly nice reader with a solid spine and CF.

$50 takes it

1archie22fc.jpg

1archie22bc.jpg

Archie Comics 28

Not bad looking from the front, with the chip upper FC, and the lower spine split, but alas, the critters have been at the upper LH BC, and there's a 3" tear upper BC, with a matching tear in the last six leaves. Flat clean tears, but tears nevertheless. Mutter...

O'street G is $58, take this reader copy for $30

1archie28fc.jpg

1archie28bc.jpg

Archie Comics 53

Looks pretty nice, but the upper staple is barely hanging on, tears at lower staple BC, 1/2" split lower spine. Other than that, just some general wear. Solid reader, and somehow Helen missed this one during the autograph extravaganza!

Take it away for $15.

1archie53fc.jpg

1archie53bc.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 35, 1944

Book is flat and square enough, with nice interior, but RH FC has chips at corners and a heavy dust shadow. CF has a 1-1/2" tear upper spine, doesn't touch art. Small chew or two upper LH BC.

$40 takes it

1cdnp35fc.jpg

1cdnp35bc.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 40

Very pretty copy. Flat, clean, square, minimal general wear, a faint whiff of dust shadow along upper LH FC, and just for a change of pace Helen printed her name instead of signing, upper FC

$75 takes it away

1cdnp40fc.jpg

1cdnp40bc.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 43

Very pretty copy....except where the bugs have munched off the cover, upper and RH edge FC, lol

$15 for a reader anyone? SOLD!

1cdnp43fc.jpg

1cdnp43bc.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 45

Well, so I scanned the cover, and do you see that little white line upper LH FC? Heh, it turns out that was a chip that wasn't so well attached. When I brushed the corner against the scanner when I picked it up it flicked off just as neat as you could care for.

Please imagine that FC scan with a small corner off upper LH FC. Chip included, lol

Other than that, a nice enough book, with small neat sig upper FC, and a big ol' scrawl BC. Nice offwhite interior, tight spine and CF

$20 takes it

1cdnp45fc.jpg

1cdnp45bc.jpg

Okay, last book for the evening, I need some air conditioning...SOON.

Crime Does Not Pay 51

Flat and square, with small stain corner upper spine, , thin dust shadow upper edge FC and BC, some tiny chips or chews RH upper FC. Still quite an attractive copy.

$35 takes it

1cdnp51fc.jpg

1cdnp51bc.jpg