• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(New) X-Men Volume...

21 posts in this topic

So I'm a little shocked, yet curious about the "new" X-Men series launching this week. Vampires...wow.

Anyways, I just saw the Romita Jr. Wolverine Variant and I'm impressed. Looks like he took his time, probably another ten minutes, but definitely better than what I've seen.

Here's the Variant.

100727.jpg.8c9da275d4550eb6b5667ac480d3394c.jpg

A reboot is about the only way of getting involved with X-Men. There is so much baggage and backstory, it is not worth the effort to figure out the regular series.

I'm not usually one for variants but I a have honestly told my LCS is get me one of every variant for this comic, all seven of them :(:blush:

:o

I read a blurb on it about the new author. He will be using Gambit and Pixie I think at least. Seems like he knows what he is doing with alot of experience. It would be nice to see the X-men actually shine once again its been a long time. Please somebody dont throw out Whedon's run again. It was good for about 1/2 the run then it got all whacky about an Alien, Colossus is the world savior and a big damn bullet. rantrant

I don't know about the Whedon run, but the Cassaday run was Phenomenal! :baiting:

Sorry, but the run was too good in my eyes to let that comment go uncontested. Loved it from beginning to end. :foryou:

A reboot is about the only way of getting involved with X-Men. There is so much baggage and backstory, it is not worth the effort to figure out the regular series.

I thought the same thing too, but I'm enjoying the Second Coming story. I really like the Frost/Cyclops coupling now that I've seen it in a book and not just heard about it on the boards.

I suggest someone in the states grabs this NOW before the mistake is realised!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/XMEN-CURSE-MUTANTS-1-VARIANT-1-25-REGULAR-/280531015733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4150f39835#ht_500wt_1074

Pic shows a photo of the personalised 1 per store variant

But there's three available. No guarantee that he'll send the right one.

COMICS WILL SHIP TO YOU BAGGED NAD BOARDED

I don't want any comics that touched a guys NADS

there did seem to be a lot of people interested in and buying the x-men variants at the shop i hit yesterday. i only say that because i practically never notice anyone showing much interest in these. nobody seemed to care about the batman variant, but like 10 people in 15 minutes were pawing over the x-mens with some of them buying them at $50 or whatever a pop.

I suggest someone in the states grabs this NOW before the mistake is realised!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/XMEN-CURSE-MUTANTS-1-VARIANT-1-25-REGULAR-/280531015733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4150f39835#ht_500wt_1074

Pic shows a photo of the personalised 1 per store variant

But there's three available. No guarantee that he'll send the right one.

COMICS WILL SHIP TO YOU BAGGED NAD BOARDED

I don't want any comics that touched a guys NADS

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I grabbed two copies of the blank variant for X-men 1 but only because they are blank covers. I could care less about X-Men itself and didn't even read them. Was the story any good?