• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next week's SWAMP THING #1 (mild spoilers)

21 posts in this topic

I mentioned this in one of my marketplace threads but figured it really belonged here.

I read next week's Swamp Thing 1 and was quite impressed. thumbsup2.gif

I am not entirely sure where they are going with the storyline, but the fact that Constantine, Tefe, and Alec Holland all appear was pretty damn cool. And the art has a real bronze age feel to it. The cover wasn't all that special but the interiors were solid....

I think both the Wrightson fans and the Moore fans will find something to enjoy in it. Check it out. smile.gif

House -

I asked this once before, but nobody could answer it. I read a mini-preview a little while back, and the pages were sideways (ala Spider-Man/Xforce x-over in early 90's).

Is this issue/title printed sideways? Very excited for the book!

Chris,

I'm pretty sure DC prints all the previews sideways to cram more sample pages on a minimum of paper. There have been a number of these previews prior to Swamp Thing.

99% sure the real Swamp Thing series will be normal format.

House -

I asked this once before, but nobody could answer it. I read a mini-preview a little while back, and the pages were sideways (ala Spider-Man/Xforce x-over in early 90's).

Is this issue/title printed sideways? Very excited for the book!

Unless I was drunker than I thought when I read it, it isn't sideways... tongue.gif

Is Alec Holland Swamp Thing or tefe? I stopped reading swampie about the time Vietch left. Is Swamp Thing back to being Alec and not a template for the elemental?

Tefe was the offspring of Swamp Thing, and the protagonist of the recent Vertigo Swamp Thing series...

There is no possible way for me to answer any of your other questions without being a serious spoiler for the rest of the potential readers. I am very intrigued by the direction they are taking the series, and I recommend reading it, but discuss it further I will not... sumo.gif

Is Alec Holland Swamp Thing or tefe? I stopped reading swampie about the time Vietch left. Is Swamp Thing back to being Alec and not a template for the elemental?

Tefe was the offspring of Swamp Thing, and the protagonist of the recent Vertigo Swamp Thing series...

There is no possible way for me to answer any of your other questions without being a serious spoiler for the rest of the potential readers. I am very intrigued by the direction they are taking the series, and I recommend reading it, but discuss it further I will not... sumo.gif

So as it stands, tefe is Swamp Thing, and the original Swamp Thing is the feature with the current run? I just wanted an update on the current Swamp community as it was left before this run. Thanks for spoiler descretion.

'House,

I got ahold of the new Swampy #1 and I was impressed as well. A solid start to revamp the series. Certainly has a lot of Moore horror elements in it. I'll pick it up next month and see what direction they take it.

By the way -- what's with my variants? confused-smiley-013.gif Help me out here -- I'm down to 9!

'House,

I got ahold of the new Swampy #1 and I was impressed as well. A solid start to revamp the series. Certainly has a lot of Moore horror elements in it. I'll pick it up next month and see what direction they take it.

By the way -- what's with my variants? confused-smiley-013.gif Help me out here -- I'm down to 9!

I was really pleased with it... I thought it was a nice blend of the Wrightson and Moore eras... If they can keep up that feel I will be able to sell this series for a long long time... thumbsup2.gif

No help for you yet... I always wait until someone is down to their last five before lending a hand... Better [!@#%^&^] raping that way... thumbsup2.gifsumo.gifstooges.gif

I read it last night ,liked it ,don't know where it's going yet ,but it's got my interest,a very 70's feel with the art thumbsup2.gif I'm keeping it on my pull list for now!

Well perhaps this thread will lend a little more credibility the next time I recommend something... sumo.gif

I got some strange PMs when I suggested that the relaunch might appeal to both the Wrightson fans and the Moore fans, but based on the responses here, I think I was on target. thumbsup2.gif

Here's hoping the book can keep up the quality. The fact that it's under the Vertigo imprint means it has a good shot. You could read a Marvel #1 that had this kind of feel and see the creative team change six times in five issues over ten months... Funny how that just doesn't happen with the Vertigo stuff at DC... smile.gif

The fact that it's under the Vertigo imprint means it has a good shot. You could read a Marvel #1 that had this kind of feel and see the creative team change six times in five issues over ten months... Funny how that just doesn't happen with the Vertigo stuff at DC...

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif