• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Collecting Goals-The Half Way Point

59 posts in this topic

Well, it's July so the year is more than 1/2 gone, has a target grail been claimed, a run finished? Is there still work to do with 1/2 the year to go....ahead of schedule....behind. I wanted to upgrade my GSXmen 1 and get a nice 7.0 or better Avengers 4, those I've taking care, but the others are still on the 2010 to do list. So, how is the rest of the community doing, anybody completely change tract as I've been known to do? Peace-CC (thumbs u

You have goals? That would put an interesting spin on the hobby for me...., :think:

You have goals? That would put an interesting spin on the hobby for me...., :think:

Well, you disguise....I want.....with collecting goal and well....go from there :cloud9:

I've exceeded my goals from a monetary expenditure point of view. My trouble is I like too many titles.

I have aquired most of my keys that I have focused on this year,but Gator/Rick is helping with the big grail this year Incredible Hulk #1.Thanx again Rick,Be seeing you at San Diego. (worship)

Next year F.F #1

Just looked up my response to that thread. As I'm very goal oriented I had to set a few. Here were my stated goals for this year...

• XELA airbrush covers, mainly Wonder and Startling
    - bump...a 2011 goal now
  • Lower grade Frazetta Famous Funnies run
    - bump...a 2011 goal now
  • Pick up atleast 1 SA mega-key (AF15,TOS39,HULK1...)
    - CHECK, picked up a nice copy of TOS#39 (CGC 4.5 OWW), DD#1 (CGC 7.0) and AV#4 (CGC 7.0 OWW). Still looking for low grade copies of AF#15 and HULK#1
  • Upgrade my BA keys and buy a few I still don't have
    - CHECK, upgraded my IH#181 (CGC 9.0 WHITE), ASM#129 (CGC 9.0 WHITE), CONAN#1 (CGC 9.4 WHITE) and FF#48 (CGC 9.0 WHITE) to me keeper grades and purchased my first copy of GXM#1
  • Sell off most of my raw books and all of my CA/MA raws
    - HALF CHECK, although I still have a bunch to sell, I've sold off about 40%. VCC in November will help this goal
  • Another cover repro from Ryan Heshka (RyanH)
    - pending more $$$$, maybe for my birthday in October
  • Make it to atleast 1 out of town convention, probably Philly
    - still TBD

Other than the GA books, I'm making good progress.

My one goal this year was at least one pre-code horror biggie. When I picked up Weird Mysteries 5, my goal was met. After that book, I finally felt a sense of "ok, maybe it is time to take a break (from pre-codes) and focus on something else for awhile". With that decision, my focus for the balance of this year and the next is a title that I have always wanted to collect but never allowed myself to as something else always took priority. My goal is set for the next 18 months...and it is exciting. I want it to be the best over-all run out there. Now, to find the finances for said goal. :)

I also wanted to get the Adam Hughes cover of Wonder Woman # 150 "Triumphant" which is one of my all time fav WW covers in a 24 x 36 poster, framed etc., and got that off the I want/collecting goal list.

i've done very well as far as my walking dead goals go (#2 1st print...many serbians...thanks julio & evilash). detective comics as well. picked up 2 pacific coast 100 pagers off comiclink. also bought 'tec 439 mass. pedigree off these boards. just bought 'tec #72 from metro. hopefully i'll be able to get it to desertwind comics and have them get jerry robinson to sign it for me at san diego. completely finished the 4th series of GL, and added some more 2nd series books. picked up fabulous furry freak brothers #1 2nd print, 4 1st print, 5 cgc 9.6 from board members (thanks DC Man & EggsAckley), and also 8 & 12 NM 1st prints. i bought shock suspenstories 8 & 17 from metro when i was in new york. also, incredible science fiction #33. while at metro, i also bought a fairly high grade batman #200, detective #421 & 423, plus a few more i can't remember now. had a blast at wondercon, and now i'm looking forward to san diego comic con. i always consider that my PERSONAL half way point.

2nd half goals:

weird tales oct 1933 bat woman cover low grade

incredible science fiction 31 & 32 mid grade

magnus robot fighter 0

detective 405 nm- or above

GL 87 9.0 or above

finish detective 480-current

pick up more fabulous furry freak brothers

get more flash books from 200-300

more shock suspenstories books

My one goal this year was at least one pre-code horror biggie. When I picked up Weird Mysteries 5, my goal was met. After that book, I finally felt a sense of "ok, maybe it is time to take a break (from pre-codes) and focus on something else for awhile". With that decision, my focus for the balance of this year and the next is a title that I have always wanted to collect but never allowed myself to as something else always took priority. My goal is set for the next 18 months...and it is exciting. I want it to be the best over-all run out there. Now, to find the finances for said goal. :)

If you end up with any undercopies, keep me in mind - I have them all, but some are in pretty ratty shape.

I would like the Greek edition of ASM 129, a better grade Swedish ASM 252, a Mexican edition of Wonder Woman 199, and I would love to find a German FF 48

This year, I have got Nick F 1 Mexican ed, Sargent Fury 1 Mexican Edition, Hulk 180-181 French Canadian eds, and ASM 300 Sweden and Dutch eds.

Other goals:

Batman #47

A couple of key SA books

An early 'Tec in nice shape(doesn't have to be pre-Robin; just one of the early Bob Kane covers. Pre-Robin will be a later goal)

My main goal this year has been to pick up a few CGC SS books from some of my favorite creators. With the help of A LOT of boardies I've managed to get SS books from the likes of Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Sal Buscema, Gene Colan, Larry Lieber, Chris Claremont, John Romita Sr., Herb Trimpe, Len Wein, Mike Zeck, John Beatty, and Joe Sinnott.

I have a few more creators on my list to get by the end of the year and I have no doubt that my fellow boardies will be there to help guide me in adding them to my collection!

My goals were:

Complete my Doctor Strange (1974) 1-84 - Complete!

sig.jpg

Complete my Marvel Team-up 1-150 - Complete! Now for the price variants

sig.jpg

Complete my Defenders 1-150 - Only 1 book left plus some price variants

sig.jpg

Complete my Avengers 1-503 - only one freaking book left

sig.jpg

Complete X-men 94-current in 9.8 - only 8 to go

sig.jpg

Just looked up my response to that thread. As I'm very goal oriented I had to set a few. Here were my stated goals for this year...

• XELA airbrush covers, mainly Wonder and Startling
    - bump...a 2011 goal now
  • Lower grade Frazetta Famous Funnies run
    - bump...a 2011 goal now
  • Pick up atleast 1 SA mega-key (AF15,TOS39,HULK1...)
    - CHECK, picked up a nice copy of TOS#39 (CGC 4.5 OWW), DD#1 (CGC 7.0) and AV#4 (CGC 7.0 OWW). Still looking for low grade copies of AF#15 and HULK#1
  • Upgrade my BA keys and buy a few I still don't have
    - CHECK, upgraded my IH#181 (CGC 9.0 WHITE), ASM#129 (CGC 9.0 WHITE), CONAN#1 (CGC 9.4 WHITE) and FF#48 (CGC 9.0 WHITE) to me keeper grades and purchased my first copy of GXM#1
  • Sell off most of my raw books and all of my CA/MA raws
    - HALF CHECK, although I still have a bunch to sell, I've sold off about 40%. VCC in November will help this goal
  • Another cover repro from Ryan Heshka (RyanH)
    - pending more $$$$, maybe for my birthday in October
  • Make it to atleast 1 out of town convention, probably Philly
    - still TBD

Other than the GA books, I'm making good progress.

That TOS 39 is amazing! :o