• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Collecting Goals-The Half Way Point

59 posts in this topic

I kinda forgot to set goals for this year, but my overall goals are:

-Get signatures from every creator I want

-Collect every Copper Age Marvel Key

-Complete my Archie Laugh and Jughead with Archie Digest sets

I got Stan Lee and Brian Michael Bendis, along with Stephen Sadowski. None of them SSed tho....

My goals (add a good mid-range Nedor every other month) have fallen off but my collection has taken a quantum leap forward as I broke several psychological price barriers over the last 6 months.

I now have 10 of the first 99 issues of Superman; a 3.0 X-Men # 1, a 6.5 Fighting Yank # 1, a Hulk 180 signed and personalized to me by Herb Trimpe, and two of the "Overstreets Top 50" Golden Age books. In addition, I bought 65 of the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four within 48 hours--partly out of exuberance that--thanks to Ebay, it could be done.

Most of these were done at GPA lows--thanks to the economy.

All of these were unthinkable feats to me just two years ago.

My significant goal was to complete my Baker Jumbo run. I'm still looking for one more.

I know I had some other goals, but I bought a Batman 1 last month, so that blew any predetermined goals. I'm not buying much right now to build up the finances again.

[*] Pick up atleast 1 SA mega-key (AF15,TOS39,HULK1...)

- CHECK, picked up a nice copy of TOS#39 (CGC 4.5 OWW), DD#1 (CGC 7.0) and AV#4 (CGC 7.0 OWW). Still looking for low grade copies of AF#15 and HULK#1Other than the GA books, I'm making good progress.

That TOS 39 is amazing! :o

Thanks!

I now have 10 of the first 99 issues of Superman; a 3.0 X-Men # 1, a 6.5 Fighting Yank # 1, a Hulk 180 signed and personalized to me by Herb Trimpe, and two of the "Overstreets Top 50" Golden Age books. In addition, I bought 65 of the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four within 48 hours--partly out of exuberance that--thanks to Ebay, it could be done.

:cloud9::golfclap:

Complete my Hulk #1-250 run.

I'm not there yet....for my goal is to BUY your Hulk #1-250 run :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for reminding me. That's another goal I achieved this year, an Avengers #4. I want 1, 2 and 3 as well, but they can wait.

I have really cut back and bought almost no back issues so far this year. I still plan on buying up a stack of Usagi Yojimbo's, TMNT's, a couple Walking Dead issues I'm missing, and completing my Hack/Slash run this year. Shouldn't cost me much at all but money and time are a little tight. I haven't even read all my comics from my last purchase yet!

I have aquired most of my keys that I have focused on this year,but Gator/Rick is helping with the big grail this year Incredible Hulk #1.Thanx again Rick,Be seeing you at San Diego. (worship)

Next year F.F #1

Dude! I have to see it! i envy you! (thumbs u

I have aquired most of my keys that I have focused on this year,but Gator/Rick is helping with the big grail this year Incredible Hulk #1.Thanx again Rick,Be seeing you at San Diego. (worship)

Next year F.F #1

Not in my hot little hands yet,here is the pic Rick sent me. :cloud9:

hulk135002.jpg

Not necessarily a goal at the beginning of the year, but only because I could not conceive of ever having a shot at it.

thundaoaboard.jpg

This coupled with putting a new roof on my house has probably ensured that there will be no more major purchases this year, but I'm okay with that.

My CAF Gallery

Not necessarily a goal at the beginning of the year, but only because I could not conceive of ever having a shot at it.

thundaoaboard.jpg

This coupled with putting a new roof on my house has probably ensured that there will be no more major purchases this year, but I'm okay with that.

My CAF Gallery

^^

^^

^^

^^

I didn't really lay out many goals. Seems counter intuitive to the whole rambling, head-scratching, mind-changing, flip-flopping, run-switching, overarching lack of focus comic collector persona that I've been cultivating over the years.

I guess in loose terms, one goal I had was to acquire some of the Rangers books on my want list. Scratched another one off today as a matter of fact so....one step at a time.

Next year F.F #1

Not in my hot little hands yet,here is the pic Rick sent me. :cloud9:

hulk135002.jpg

That is Freakin SWEET! maybe i will run into you at SDCC and i can check it out ijn person! :applause:

Sweet, this this is a quazi WTB thread! I can use this to my advantage. :devil:

Seriously though, I really made my biggest push in where I want to be in my overall higher grade collections in 2009. My Accountant shook his head and my Insurance Girl was happy to oblige in protecting my acquistions. meh

I did get a couple HUGE grails for myself in early 2010 too. Ones that I have been always wanting to obtain but they never surfaced. I am honestly very content where I am in my collecting now. I truly am beside myself with joy because of my 20 month old son Brody Robert. :cloud9:

It is such a fun age right now, that all of my hobbies are taking a back burner and I don't mind one bit.

(However, a Groo Pacific #3 9.8 WHITE & a Jonny Quest Classics #1 9.8 WHITE in my clutches would be a VERY BIG monkey off my fricken back though!!! Two books under 5 bucks raw, are being such thorns in my side it is getting to be uncanny! But I guess that is why it is comic collecting and not just comic buying all the time.)