• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst condition books!

85 posts in this topic

Until I joined the boards a few years ago, I thought all comics from 1963 were supposed to look like this one. I've probably had this book since 1979 and it had a brittle cover since I've owned it. It spent about 25 years in my mother's basement with some of the other books of my childhood until a few years ago.

002.jpg

Previous threads about low-graders have produced examples beyond anything seen here so far. Where's the Hulk #2 with a 5" rat chew, or the FF #2 that was practically torn in half?

Not my book but here is a early Hulk that is just as bad..

288wd3k.jpg

TASTY! :o

This one was NM when I added it to my collection. Then one day I discovered it was no longer NM. I guess the crawlspace of my parents home wasn't the best place for my collection. The amazing thing is (fortunately) the rest of my complete Sea Devils collection was untouched. (shrug) I can't bring myself to toss it.

sea1.jpg

This one was NM when I added it to my collection. Then one day I discovered it was no longer NM. I guess the crawlspace of my parents home wasn't the best place for my collection. The amazing thing is (fortunately) the rest of my complete Sea Devils collection was untouched. (shrug) I can't bring myself to toss it.

sea1.jpg

Ouch! That must've stung a bit! Have you since replaced that issue with another copy then, or...?

As an aside, I decided to take a bit of a break from the boards following my (rather legendary, it has to be said!) 'hazing' -- but I'll post now and then whenever I get the chance - I'm not sure how frequently at this point. I've been pretty busy lately anyway and probably wouldn't have found the time to post even if I'd wanted to! And I'll probably be busier still come September.

Really interesting posts on this thread everyone, cheers. I've always been fascinated by battered comic books - probably not the best thing to confess on the CGC boards but there ya go! They definitely have a certain charm about them.

Here's the worst condition book I have but I still really like it b/c of the cover.

The bottom staple is popped at the cover only and there's a perfect bug hole about a 1/4" from the top of the book. (you can see the edge of the hole in the scan) It's a really thick book and the hole is perfectly centered in the spine, tapering off a little each page as you get to the center. Still a neat book though imo.

FourFavorites6front.jpg