• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con 2010 - Accepting Submissions!!!

642 posts in this topic

Hey All!

Just finished opening all the boxes that arrived last week. I'll be cracking blue labels tomorrow night and sending out stray invoices throughout the week. In the meantime, here's a picture I thought I'd share.

It was definitely a record week for incoming packages for me. Here's a picture of the boxes that came in between Monday and Saturday. Can you spot yours?

DCBoxes.jpg

Kudos to everyone who sent in books to be signed. No horror stories like books arriving loose in boxes or anything. Well done!

I hope my box is in the pic :grin:

Hey All!

Just finished opening all the boxes that arrived last week. I'll be cracking blue labels tomorrow night and sending out stray invoices throughout the week. In the meantime, here's a picture I thought I'd share.

It was definitely a record week for incoming packages for me. Here's a picture of the boxes that came in between Monday and Saturday. Can you spot yours?

DCBoxes.jpg

Kudos to everyone who sent in books to be signed. No horror stories like books arriving loose in boxes or anything. Well done!

That....that right there.....THAT is some fine looking flooring.

Is that real wood, or the indestructable stuff? Y'know, when my wife and I bought ours for the house, we wanted the real stuff all the way, but when the salesman let me try to damage their sample, we were sold on the fake stuff. It doesn't sound the same, but it's already lasted through two big dogs and a two year old....

Hey All!

DCBoxes.jpg

I don't see my specially marked box lol!

Marvelfangirl: You sent your box a few weeks ago, so your box isn't in the picture. I appreciate the early submission.

Doug: Yep, real hardwood. We're not going out of our way to damage it, but we're renting, so we're not killing ourselves to keep it pristine, either.

Professor66: Your box isn't pictured since you sent your stuff earlier, too. I had to pick it up from the post office. I saw the old school Captain America shield on it and thought to myself: "That must be Sam's". :cool:

kdoginohio: If you're talking about the strip along the left side...it's one of the temporary leashes they use at Petsmart, although someone did use painters tape to adhere their books to the cardboard, which was heavenly after needing to carefully cut most of them loose. :cloud9:

If you haven't paid and haven't received some sort of invoice info from me, please PM me so we can get squared up. (thumbs u

Hoping to get things squared away and meet up with you guys to get a Neal Adams CGC SS myself on Friday.

Does anyone know what Darwyn Cooke charges for "quick" sketches or if he plans on doing sketches at Dragon Con?

Thanks!

Hoping to get things squared away and meet up with you guys to get a Neal Adams CGC SS myself on Friday.

Does anyone know what Darwyn Cooke charges for "quick" sketches or if he plans on doing sketches at Dragon Con?

Thanks!

Goodness, that's a toughy. I'm always afraid of evening inquiring with Darwyn as to what he will charge. He can be a little... "touchy" about the topic and I think he's been known to make a grown man cry. You can try shooting Jason Truong a PM, he's been successful in the past with that sorta thing.

Thanks!

Goodness, that's a toughy. I'm always afraid of evening inquiring with Darwyn as to what he will charge. He can be a little... "touchy" about the topic and I think he's been known to make a grown man cry. You can try shooting Jason Troung a PM, he's been successful in the past with that sorta thing.

Darwyn was great at DragonCon last year! His wife was handling the list and Darwyn was taking a new list every day of about 4 that he was doing at night. I got a wonderful Green Lantern and thought the price was very reasonable ($250). He also had a lot of spectacular art already completed/priced that he was selling. I'm not sure about smaller sketches, I didn't really see him working on anything at his table, though he did do a small Parker sketch in my HC when he signed it without me even asking!

Thanks!

Goodness, that's a toughy. I'm always afraid of evening inquiring with Darwyn as to what he will charge. He can be a little... "touchy" about the topic and I think he's been known to make a grown man cry. You can try shooting Jason Truong a PM, he's been successful in the past with that sorta thing.

Darwyn was great at DragonCon last year! His wife was handling the list and Darwyn was taking a new list every day of about 4 that he was doing at night. I got a wonderful Green Lantern and thought the price was very reasonable ($250). He also had a lot of spectacular art already completed/priced that he was selling. I'm not sure about smaller sketches, I didn't really see him working on anything at his table, though he did do a small Parker sketch in my HC when he signed it without me even asking!

Oh right on, that's really cool. For some reason he seems to not like the home turf advantage and rarely sketches in Toronto. At the FanExpo he literally had a sign saying "NOT SKETCHING" so yea.. glad to know it's possible though :D

Thanks!

Goodness, that's a toughy. I'm always afraid of evening inquiring with Darwyn as to what he will charge. He can be a little... "touchy" about the topic and I think he's been known to make a grown man cry. You can try shooting Jason Troung a PM, he's been successful in the past with that sorta thing.

That's why I couldn't find the thread with someone mentioning me... ya misspelled my last name.

Thanks!

Oh right on, that's really cool. For some reason he seems to not like the home turf advantage and rarely sketches in Toronto. At the FanExpo he literally had a sign saying "NOT SKETCHING" so yea.. glad to know it's possible though :D

Darwyn is from Toronto, but lives in Nova Scotia. So when he's back, he spends time with his family in Toronto, and chooses not to draw during his evenings after, or mornings before, conventions. I was hoping to get something done by Darwyn this past weekend, but since he wasn't doing anything, I bought a rough page.

Darwyn is from Toronto, but lives in Nova Scotia. So when he's back, he spends time with his family in Toronto, and chooses not to draw during his evenings after, or mornings before, conventions. I was hoping to get something done by Darwyn this past weekend, but since he wasn't doing anything, I bought a rough page.

Sorry about that buddy, guess my copy + paste skills are sub-par at best. Thanks for the clarification on the Darwyn sketching situ (thumbs u

Hey All! 2 quick announcements:

1) It looks like Laura Vandervoort cancelled. :( I'll deal with refunds after the show.

2) It seems that Paypal has had enough of me receiving personal paypal payments. From what I'm hearing, people are still able to send them labelled as "personal", but I'm still getting hit with a fee on my end. Unfortunately, I'll need to go through each payment and collect that fee. It looks like they pulled the plug on me sometime this week, so payments made before this week should be good. I'll check to be sure. I'm putting this in the thread so hopefully I won't have to write out the scenario multiple times...I'm just trying to save myself some typing.

I'll PM affected parties. Thanks guys!