• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread pulled

51 posts in this topic

I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances.

Indeed he was..... :(

I really think this place has gone downhill since his passing. He was a great guy to say the least :(

I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances.

Indeed he was..... :(

I really think this place has gone downhill since his passing. He was a great guy to say the least :(

I agree :(

Guys, I'm going to start a new selling thread. I'll have my hard hat on and I'll take a prozac. Probably be in bronze since that's the majority of my stuff. Everything discounted from GPA. Flippers rejoice.

Maybe just pull the thread before you post the books. Seems more people responded to that more than the actual sale. (:

Guys, I'm going to start a new selling thread. I'll have my hard hat on and I'll take a prozac. Probably be in bronze since that's the majority of my stuff. Everything discounted from GPA. Flippers rejoice.

Maybe just pull the thread before you post the books. Seems more people responded to that more than the actual sale. (:

lol

This is the best discussion I've seen in a long time.

:jokealert:

some boardie listed a FF 112 6.5 last week in a FS thread, and guess what, it was offered for free. did he know something that we didn't know? no. some boardies are just good people like sterlingcomics.

some boardie listed a FF 112 6.5 last week in a FS thread, and guess what, it was offered for free. did he know something that we didn't know? no. some boardies are just good people like sterlingcomics.

Yep. Questioning someone's generousity is a sure way to prevent it from happening again.

Low prices are well within the spirit of the board and shouldn't be looked upon as a trick or a con job. Low pricing is expected within the constraints of this forum and generally appreciated.

Casting dispersions upon a sales thread and questioning a boardie's ethics should be and is against the rules.

If there is a problem it should be brought up in the proper area of discussion.

Yo, you have to be out of your mind... What in the world are you talking about? The seller pulled the sale because he or she did not want to sell the books. I did not call anybody out and had nothing to do with the stopping of the sale. It is really disappointing to hear someone speak of a " good deed" I am the one who did the "good deed". I was just being honest and as you can see the Seller thought twice about it and decided not to sell. Now, if you think this seller really wanted to sell the books just PM him or her they can sell the books at anytime without anyone else knowing. The seller made a decision and it was his or her decision alone I did not affect it one bit. I get so sick of the self rightous nonsense that some preach on this board as if they are setting some type of standard or code of conduct. Everytime I make a comment it is a hot button and now the claim is I forced a seller not to give away his or her books, when in fact I had nothing to do with it.There are tons of outlets to sell the books if he or she really wants to sell them. But, the truth is they really did not want to sell the books. I remember it was on this same board that many busted a gut laughing at some who bought the Watchmen 1-12 CGC 9.8 for around 4k. I mean they called that person all kinds of names and preached about how they were taken to the cleaners. But, when the opposite happens and the seller is getting ripped then it is an outrage to call it out. It is a free country and that Seller can sell his or her books as they please.... there is no reason to connect me to it.

Knowing Sterling the way I do, you would have to be a fool to think that was the reason he pulled the listing. You pizzed in his weaties. He tried to do something nice, was told his intentions or the goods themselves were faulty and decided to pull the plug.

The whole one bad apple deal...capiche?

PM me a list. Not only will I accept your generosity, I'll buy you dinner at the next con we are at together.

PM me a list. Not only will I accept your generosity, I'll buy you dinner at the next con we are at together.

Now this is why I'm glad I joined the boards!

heartgifs.gif

lol I see you have a new title... Mr Patience? Oh do tell. I actually have some Marvel horror 9.8 issues...you know...JUNK no one wants lol.

I won't be selling the TWD books since they are apparently tainted goods now lol.

Well tried to win in the stock market today...only 50% gains. Must try harder.

The problem I see is that ANY ONE of the people in this thread could have PMd the noob and explained why it was bad form, and suggested that he remove the post. I have seen it done I dont really see why we must be so fast to jump down someones throat every time an error is made. And any person will defend themselves when attacked by multiple people. I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances. But now everyone wants to show how COOL they are for trash talking and slamming someone, when a simple PM could have done MUCH more and possibly not turned someone away. The sense of "community" is not really that these days, and I understand why alot of sellers have left.

Sterling.. I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. While I dont talk to you I always check out what you post in the BA Horror Thread. You definitely have some sweet books, and hope things turn around for you. There are quite a few of us that are going through tough times. At least you were nice enough to offer up a killer deal instead of dump them on Ebay right away.

Pat-

Pat,

I'm not sure whether you're including me on this, but I don't think that what I said was in anyway dumping on a newb. In fact, I think I'm often one who sends new members who don't know better friendly FYI PMs. This individual made it clear in their responses, however, that they had been around for a while--and in my mind, that means they should have known better about posting remarks in someone else's thread. And I do believe the tone that I took and the choice of words in my post were respectful even as they attempted to point out that error in posting on his part. I believe that if anyone were to look at the content of either my PMs or public posts, I practice what I preach as best I can.

Like yourself, I stand by my post. ;)

Suffice to say, I think it best for certain parties to call this a lesson learned and all of us move on from here.

2c