• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread pulled

51 posts in this topic

How do I moan and whine all the time? My 4 prior posts are posted on this board right now and the first one is about a year old? So, how have I whined and cried? HUh, how do you figure? I have 4 posts until today, and you call me a cry baby?

Do you know something about me outside of these threads? Is someone sharing my information with you? I have 4 posts and you rip me about complaining 2 of the posts have nothing to do with grades at all. See this is what is going on and it is wrong...you are labeling me. Just like some people are trying to label Matt and it is unfair. I ask my good fellow posters to put an end to this assult. We all have to make a living and calling someone out could hurt their business and feelings.

calling someone out, huh? :baiting:

:gossip: couldn't resist as I read both threads tonight...sorry to see the thread got pulled :(

You know... a year or two back, there were less people overpricing books and more giving great deal (Brian still does it and look at how quickly his threads are descended upon).

Sterling, good for you for trying to rekindle a little of that old marketplace feel--one I remember and was still thriving when I first joined up here.

And Akanni, you claim to have been around for over a year--then frankly, you ought to know better about threadcrapping. It's bad form and members don't appreciate it. If you're concerned about a particular thread, then bring it up over in the Marketplace General Discussion thread. I tend not to get too didactic in my responses, but I also don't like seeing good, established sellers being unwarrantedly called out.

Gang, I know I over-reacted. I've been here long enough to know that this stuff happens. I'm going through personal hardships and frankly it was a mixture of things (unknown to all) creating a perfect storm. To those here it looks like I simply got upset and left...that's only part of the story.

I rarely post here anymore and forgot these good 'ol selling threads can be so painful. Now I remember why I dump em in auctions.

My apologies to those parties interested.

Cheers and goodnight.

Yo, you have to be out of your mind... What in the world are you talking about? The seller pulled the sale because he or she did not want to sell the books. I did not call anybody out and had nothing to do with the stopping of the sale. It is really disappointing to hear someone speak of a " good deed" I am the one who did the "good deed". I was just being honest and as you can see the Seller thought twice about it and decided not to sell. Now, if you think this seller really wanted to sell the books just PM him or her they can sell the books at anytime without anyone else knowing. The seller made a decision and it was his or her decision alone I did not affect it one bit. I get so sick of the self rightous nonsense that some preach on this board as if they are setting some type of standard or code of conduct. Everytime I make a comment it is a hot button and now the claim is I forced a seller not to give away his or her books, when in fact I had nothing to do with it.There are tons of outlets to sell the books if he or she really wants to sell them. But, the truth is they really did not want to sell the books. I remember it was on this same board that many busted a gut laughing at some who bought the Watchmen 1-12 CGC 9.8 for around 4k. I mean they called that person all kinds of names and preached about how they were taken to the cleaners. But, when the opposite happens and the seller is getting ripped then it is an outrage to call it out. It is a free country and that Seller can sell his or her books as they please.... there is no reason to connect me to it.

:screwy:

Please look into separating your writing into paragraphs. White space is easier on the eyes. :thumbsup:

That's my homage to your being sick of some on the boards doing that "self-righteous nonsense." Incidentally, you misspelled righteous. :gossip: Oh, and thanks for allowing us to experience your "good deed."

Yo, you have to be out of your mind... What in the world are you talking about? The seller pulled the sale because he or she did not want to sell the books. I did not call anybody out and had nothing to do with the stopping of the sale. It is really disappointing to hear someone speak of a " good deed" I am the one who did the "good deed". I was just being honest and as you can see the Seller thought twice about it and decided not to sell. Now, if you think this seller really wanted to sell the books just PM him or her they can sell the books at anytime without anyone else knowing. The seller made a decision and it was his or her decision alone I did not affect it one bit. I get so sick of the self rightous nonsense that some preach on this board as if they are setting some type of standard or code of conduct. Everytime I make a comment it is a hot button and now the claim is I forced a seller not to give away his or her books, when in fact I had nothing to do with it.There are tons of outlets to sell the books if he or she really wants to sell them. But, the truth is they really did not want to sell the books. I remember it was on this same board that many busted a gut laughing at some who bought the Watchmen 1-12 CGC 9.8 for around 4k. I mean they called that person all kinds of names and preached about how they were taken to the cleaners. But, when the opposite happens and the seller is getting ripped then it is an outrage to call it out. It is a free country and that Seller can sell his or her books as they please.... there is no reason to connect me to it.

Bottom line: a seller's sales thread is not the place for your opinions and concerns. Think of it this way; you put a car out for sale on your lawn with a $3,000 sticker in the window. Every time a potential buyer comes along, your neighbor comes over and decides to express his concerns and opinions about the car to them, possibly suggesting there must be something wrong if the car is priced so cheap. Is it illegal? No. Is it cool? Hell no. For all intents and purposes, that's what you've done here, and it really paints you in the wrong light to the rest of the Board. Think about it.

Bottom line: a seller's sales thread is not the place for your opinions and concerns. Think of it this way; you put a car out for sale on your lawn with a $3,000 sticker in the window. Every time a potential buyer comes along, your neighbor comes over and decides to express his concerns and opinions about the car to them, possibly suggesting there must be something wrong if the car is priced so cheap. Is it illegal? No. Is it cool? Hell no. For all intents and purposes, that's what you've done here, and it really paints you in the wrong light to the rest of the Board. Think about it.

This is such a well-reasoned and even handed post, that I am going to eschew my original post, which was to ask whether Akanni means douchebagatron in a foreign language. Oh, wait . . .

Looks like you took a dump in Sterling's offering. Not good. Sterling has

always been a four star individual on this forum and other places. I don't

think anyone elses' reputation is more exemplory here than his. Except

when the mofo bids against me.... :eyeroll:

The problem I see is that ANY ONE of the people in this thread could have PMd the noob and explained why it was bad form, and suggested that he remove the post. I have seen it done I dont really see why we must be so fast to jump down someones throat every time an error is made. And any person will defend themselves when attacked by multiple people. I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances. But now everyone wants to show how COOL they are for trash talking and slamming someone, when a simple PM could have done MUCH more and possibly not turned someone away. The sense of "community" is not really that these days, and I understand why alot of sellers have left.

Sterling.. I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. While I dont talk to you I always check out what you post in the BA Horror Thread. You definitely have some sweet books, and hope things turn around for you. There are quite a few of us that are going through tough times. At least you were nice enough to offer up a killer deal instead of dump them on Ebay right away.

Pat-

The problem I see is that ANY ONE of the people in this thread could have PMd the noob and explained why it was bad form, and suggested that he remove the post. I have seen it done I dont really see why we must be so fast to jump down someones throat every time an error is made. And any person will defend themselves when attacked by multiple people. I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances. But now everyone wants to show how COOL they are for trash talking and slamming someone, when a simple PM could have done MUCH more and possibly not turned someone away. The sense of "community" is not really that these days, and I understand why alot of sellers have left.

Sterling.. I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. While I dont talk to you I always check out what you post in the BA Horror Thread. You definitely have some sweet books, and hope things turn around for you. There are quite a few of us that are going through tough times. At least you were nice enough to offer up a killer deal instead of dump them on Ebay right away.

Pat-

The flip side to this Pat is that there are an increasing number of people who are here to do nothing but create white noise, spew their stupidity, and prattle on like babbling doofuses. They don't educate themselves about the site, or its history. They don't do any research into how threads or forums work, they don't do any searches to determine what topics belong where. They don't exercise common sense, practice the golden rule or just utilize plain common decency. It gets maddening. Especially when a particularly potent threadcrap keeps Sterling from a quick sale, which he likely needed, and cost someone a smoking deal.

Pat-

The flip side to this Pat is that there are an increasing number of people who are here to do nothing but create white noise, spew their stupidity, and prattle on like babbling doofuses. They don't educate themselves about the site, or its history. They don't do any research into how threads or forums work, they don't do any searches to determine what topics belong where. They don't exercise common sense, practice the golden rule or just utilize plain common decency. It gets maddening. Especially when a particularly potent threadcrap keeps Sterling from a quick sale, which he likely needed, and cost someone a smoking deal.

I stand with my statement. And while we have had an influx of new members the past year, the unfortunate part is nobody is really trying to help them. Either way, I should probably not care and stick to my PM conversations. I dont really care for most of the noobs anyways, nothing against them as people. But there just isnt alot of groundbreaking conversation, and the threads people should be reading are ignored anyways.

Sorry Sterling. And I still love ya Sean :cloud9:

I hear people talking about how the forums "used" to be. If you liked how things used to be then practice how it used to be. I can tell you now I remember that Nik (RIP) was always a voice of reason in these instances.

Indeed he was..... :(

Guys, I'm going to start a new selling thread. I'll have my hard hat on and I'll take a prozac. Probably be in bronze since that's the majority of my stuff. Everything discounted from GPA. Flippers rejoice.

Guys, I'm going to start a new selling thread. I'll have my hard hat on and I'll take a prozac. Probably be in bronze since that's the majority of my stuff. Everything discounted from GPA. Flippers rejoice.
I will be watching! Good luck with the sales!