• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Edward Norton for The Avengers?

45 posts in this topic

Norton needs to put his ego in check, drop his fee and deal.

Yes, and I'm sure he cares what you think. lol

People do funny book movies for the MONEY - no other reason, and an actor's pay scale is far higher for a stupid HW blockbuster (especially a comic-based one) as they're low-brow schlock written for ADD 12-year olds, so if Marvel/Disney isn't going to pony up the cash, why in the world would he do it?

(shrug) ....Maybe we could get him REAL drunk? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(shrug) ....Maybe we could get him REAL drunk?

Maybe, but I can just imagine his agent laughing for about 2 days after Marvel studios told him to "cut his fee for a comic movie" - hilarious stuff. :roflmao:

Movies based on cartoon characters are usually a last resort for " serious" actors who for some reason or another haven't achieved widespread notoreity....kind of like the casting couch. I didn't realize how many GOOD movies Norton had been in until he took the role of Banner and I started paying attention. He certainly did a fine job....and I'm another Hulk movie lover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm a big fan of continuity so I think I'd like to see Edward Norton back as the Hulk.

Also, he reminds me of Bill Bixby (my favorite actor of all time). Apparently it was his resemblance (personality and somewhat physically) that helped him get the role in the first place.

oh , i really hate this guy.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/12/a-phoenix-for-the-smashes-is-joaquin-the-new-hulk/

A Phoenix For The Smashes: Is Joaquin The New Hulk?

Submitted by Brendon Connelly on July 12, 2010 – 1:53 am (12) comments

I didn’t predict this, I’m not sure I believe it but I think I really like it: the latest installment in the Avengers Hulk casting saga sees Joaquin Phoenix rumoured for the role.

He certainly comes with enough bottled-up, locked away Grrrrrrrrr. When I look into Phoenix’s eyes, I see something simmering in there. On top of that, he’s capable of doing quiet and defeated beautifully too.

CHUD cite a “reliable source” in providing them with the tip off. I wonder if this unnamed voice called out from the Marvel camp, in which case I am more inclined to believe it, or from Phoenix’s – perhaps an agent or an associate of the actor. That I’d have difficulty swallowing at the moment, after his last couple of years of apparently living a lie.

Phoenix recently spent a very long time turning his public life into a full-on situationist prank when he apparently ditched acting for a career in hip-hop. This was all being filmed by Casey Affleck for a feature called I’m Still Here: The Lost Year of Joaquin Phoenix that, according to all available evidence, is more mock- than documentary.

At the moment, Phoenix has yet to commit to the Hulk role in any way and simply has an offer. There won’t be much thinking time allowed here, with Marvel keen to sign their man (and monster) in time for a Comic-Con reveal. Will he bite? Do you want him to?

At the moment, Phoenix has yet to commit to the Hulk role in any way and simply has an offer. There won’t be much thinking time allowed here, with Marvel keen to sign their man (and monster) in time for a Comic-Con reveal. Will he bite? Do you want him to?

If the retiring from acting to do hip-hop thing was just an act, then sure, he'd be great. If he's lost his rocker as much as it seemed, then lord no, keep him away. It's not that he wanted to go into hip-hop that was disturbing, it's that it seems as if he's withdrawn totally into himself and lost all of his sense of guile in doing it. His music was awful, he dressed like a member of ZZ-Top who had let himself go which isn't exactly what you'd picture from a hip-hop artist, and he seemed COMPLETELY self-affected and unable to take any criticism at all when people pointed anything at all to him in interviews about how erratic his behavior, mannerisms, and new career choice appeared.

The Norton Hulk movie was "ok"

The Hulk-Abomination fight at the end is what was exceptional in that film. Tim Roth was also great as Emil Blonsky...Norton was decent but not nearly as good as Roth was. I really bought into his portrayal of a guy just thirsting for the type of power Banner had discovered. :applause:

The Ed Norton thing doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. He is an excellent actor, and I have liked most of his work. I thought his work on the Hulk was middle of the road as far as his body of work was concerned.

I don't see the Banner character having a ton of air time in the Avengers movie so i don't think it will be that big of a deal. The hulk will be all CGI anyway.

The Norton Hulk movie was "ok"

The Hulk-Abomination fight at the end is what was exceptional in that film. Tim Roth was also great as Emil Blonsky...Norton was decent but not nearly as good as Roth was. I really bought into his portrayal of a guy just thirsting for the type of power Banner had discovered. :applause:

I liked the fight scene before he transformed. That's basically Cap in action is what that was.

:headbang: