• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Teen Titles (Silver Age)

409 posts in this topic

This is my highest graded teen title. It's a CGC 9.2.

I suspect that this book is part of a warehouse find as there seems to be an unusual number of these in wonderful condition.

MtMA4FNov65.jpg

Those are two more great Al Hartley covers.

I really enjoy his work -- great polish.

Here's one of four original pages that I have of his work from the period. From Patsy Walker #91(1960):

PW91.jpg

The page is large enough that I needed to patch together two scans.

This is my highest graded teen title. It's a CGC 9.2.

I suspect that this book is part of a warehouse find as there seems to be an unusual number of these in wonderful condition.

MtMA4FNov65.jpg

Yes, this and quite a few other books in the Millie, Patsy, etc. lines were part of a find. I remember Gary Dolgoff having foot high stacks of each issue for sale at the Chicago Comicon in the early '90s (I think...)

mygirlpearl10.jpg

This looks an excellent book. I don't have any My Girls Pearl's.

The early My Girl Pearls with Dan DeCarlo art are fairly scarce. The Stan G. issues are much more common, although I don't see the #10 all that much.

Nice copy (thumbs u

A bump for some interesting original art. The lines in the reproduction are not folds but where four scans have been brought together as it's twice-up art.

All the teen title leading ladies: Millie and Chili (could be Toni), Kathy, Patsy and Hedy and Linda Carter. Only Pearl is missing as her title was cancelled the previous year.

MtMA2p72.jpg

Just got this one off Ebay...and with this issue this gives me the whole Kathy the Teen Aged Tornado run! #1-27!!! :acclaim: This was a really hard set to put together!!! Most of these books are so hard to find its crazy. :headbang: Not that alot of people are looking for them... lol I still love the feeling of finishing a run...even the smalller ones! :cloud9:

kathy14.jpg[/img]

Modeling with Millie #27 • November 1963 • September 1963 newsstand

The colour palette on these early comics are quite different than on the later titles of 1965.

MwM27FNov63.jpg

The back covers of teen titles are interesting as they differ from the other genre books published by Marvel.

MwM27RNov63.jpg

Marvel published thirteen books in September 1963. Eight superhero titles; three teen titles; Rawhide Kid and Sgt. Fury.

Modeling with Millie #27 • November 1963 • September 1963 newsstand

The colour palette on these early comics are quite different than on the later titles of 1965.

MwM27FNov63.jpg

The back covers of teen titles are interesting as they differ from the other genre books published by Marvel.

Marvel published thirteen books in September 1963. Eight superhero titles; three teen titles; Rawhide Kid and Sgt. Fury.

Cool cover! And Info! :headbang:

This was a purchase from Harley Yee at the Toronto Fan Appreciation Comicon, last weekend. I picked up three other nice early teen tiles from Harley, including a Kathy (my first of this title). :applause:

I plan to post the scans after reading. (thumbs u

We owe it to civilization to keep this thread alive.

I'll answer the call to arms!

I did already post this elsewhere, but it deserves to be seen again. From Love Romances 87.

LoveRomances87.jpg

Personally, I love a gal who's ready to pull the boner by the good night kiss stage. :cloud9:

My first issue of Kathy and last issue of the series.

Kathy #27 • February 1964 • December 1963 newsstand

K27FFeb64.jpg

Rather unique back cover for a Marvel Comic.

K27RFeb64.jpg

Martin Goodman cancelled this book to make way for Daredevil #1 in February 1964.

All of Marvel's teen titles abandoned humour for soap opera by mid-1964. Kinda a shame as it pretty much left the teen humour market to the Archie Group. Not a bad thing, as such, but the Marvel stuff had a flavour all its own.

My first issue of Kathy and last issue of the series.

Kathy #27 • February 1964 • December 1963 newsstand

K27FFeb64.jpg

Rather unique back cover for a Marvel Comic.

Martin Goodman cancelled this book to make way for Daredevil #1 in February 1964.

All of Marvel's teen titles abandoned humour for soap opera by mid-1964. Kinda a shame as it pretty much left the teen humour market to the Archie Group. Not a bad thing, as such, but the Marvel stuff had a flavour all its own.

Nice looking copy! :applause::headbang:

Here's another I picked up from Harley Yee last weekend.

Millie the Model #120 • May 1964 • February 1964 newsstand

Poor Millie has to give up modeling on her doctor's advice. Turns out he confused Millie's x-ray with that of a ninety year old woman. Mistakes happen. (shrug)

MtM120FMay64.jpg

I like the House Ads.

MtM120HouseAd.jpg

The "Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation" is dated October 1, 1963.

The average number of monthly copies printed during the past year was 315 412.

The number printed in the most recent month was 309 589.

The average number of monthly copies in paid circulation for the last twelve months was 173 700.

The most recent number of monthly copies sold was 180 300.

A popular book but still a bi-monthly book for Marvel. Modeling with Millie was a monthly. Must have been a better seller.