• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

No, sorry :sorry:
Please call me when you do.

There are a couple of L&R #1 ashcans on eBay right now....

The cheapest one that I found was $499.99. Is that price anywhere near what this book is worth? I have a copy, but I know I paid nowhere near that amount.

The cheapest one that I found was $499.99. Is that price anywhere near what this book is worth? I have a copy, but I know I paid nowhere near that amount.

I have seen them sell for less at auction. They do go for a couple hundred dollars pretty consistently though. The $499 one has been there a while.

Either way works for me :)

One of 3 books to complete my set.

Thanks for this. Now I need #1 :)

hm

I sent you a PM. A #1 would almost complete my registry set. There goes my negotiating position. doh!

amethyst001.jpg

hm

or would you prefer unslabbed?

I have seen them sell for less at auction. They do go for a couple hundred dollars pretty consistently though. The $499 one has been there a while.

One sold for $100 on Ebay last week....didn't see what grade it was in but certainly that's a lot cheaper than the crazy BIN prices floating around hm

One sold for $100 on Ebay last week....didn't see what grade it was in but certainly that's a lot cheaper than the crazy BIN prices floating around hm

:gossip: That's one of the books being displayed above.

Love and Rockets #1 - $100

And that one was listed three times, once at $125, and then at $100 without a sale.

*SPOOOOOOON!!!!*

I was watching religiously for a copy for a while, gave up and started watching for other stuff and when I got what I wanted completely forgot and quit looking. At least I know they can be had for $100 now :)

*SPOOOOOOON!!!!*

I was watching religiously for a copy for a while, gave up and started watching for other stuff and when I got what I wanted completely forgot and quit looking. At least I know they can be had for $100 now :)

Think how I feel...

I've been buying Vampi Royal Blues for over a decade. I have purchased TWO Vengeance #1 RBs, both for about $150 shipped.

In May of 2010, a copy surfaced on eBay, and I didn't check my e-mail notices.

It sold for $25.

:cry:

As long as I have the camera and my mini comics out...

Bought these because I thought they were something else, but still neat

DSC03140.jpg

Larry Blake stuff. I have a few issues of his Afterworld title, apparently the guy's been putting out self published stuff since the early 70's. There's a Youtube video with more info about him if you have nine minutes to kill.

I wanted to congratulate our own Tom (topnotchman) for what should be a nice score after the dust is settled and he's sold this little gem.

Any guesses to the final price? I'd say it should break $500, however, I just about crapped my pants when I first saw the listing last night. I rumaged through the longbox of stuff I picked up at Earl Shaw's booth, only to find I did score a copy of this book, although I doubt its any better then 9.2/9.4.

Copper age books are doing just fine, thank you. :headbang:

:o amazing how a copper-age Marvel book - and of a (relatively) mainstream title - should be so rare.. did it have a particularly low print run?

Yeah, it's pretty tough. There was a gap of nearly 7 year between issue #31 and #32...and then another 9 month gap for #33.

Why Marvel decided to do this, when it hadn't been done with other Marvel books in years, is anyone's guess. They probably would have sold more if they'd just made it a "One Shot" #1.

I just started reading this thread today, which book had the 7 year gap between issues?

I wanted to congratulate our own Tom (topnotchman) for what should be a nice score after the dust is settled and he's sold this little gem.

Any guesses to the final price? I'd say it should break $500, however, I just about crapped my pants when I first saw the listing last night. I rumaged through the longbox of stuff I picked up at Earl Shaw's booth, only to find I did score a copy of this book, although I doubt its any better then 9.2/9.4.

Copper age books are doing just fine, thank you. :headbang:

:o amazing how a copper-age Marvel book - and of a (relatively) mainstream title - should be so rare.. did it have a particularly low print run?

Yeah, it's pretty tough. There was a gap of nearly 7 year between issue #31 and #32...and then another 9 month gap for #33.

Why Marvel decided to do this, when it hadn't been done with other Marvel books in years, is anyone's guess. They probably would have sold more if they'd just made it a "One Shot" #1.

I just started reading this thread today, which book had the 7 year gap between issues?

I would say Akira but I think that one had the gap come a few issues later, and the final issues don't sell for $500 that I know of