• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City bought the Tatge collection of TMNT just in time for SDCC

47 posts in this topic

Here's Brian with an Eastman file copy of # 1!!! I don't know how it received a 9.4. It definitely has an easy shot at a 9.6 with a little help from the press crowd. It could even go 9.8 for you gamblers. I have 15,000 reasons I'd like to own this but, well you get my drift. One of a kind... actually there might be two? I think Mike Goldman has the other in his permanent collection.

Great looking book but not a candidate for crack, resub unless the buyer doesn't mind losing the gold SS label and having a green qualified label in its place.

You have a point. Well, maybe Mike Goldman could pull it off... but not so easy for a private collector? (shrug) If I recall, Eastman sent the books directly to CGC the first time around. I think the book includes a letter from Eastman... not that any of this would stop a green label, it's just for informational purposes.

Goobledygook # 2 counterfeit copy... even I can tell the difference. lol
Something I can afford :o

Must be a mistake? lol Who would have thought a bunch of Copper Age could be so wallet-draining... and we'd be tempted to buy the fakes instead>

Brian had a lot more great TMNT items but I guess you need a few surprises if you're headed to San Diego. Tell Brian that Detroit Mike said, "Hi" if you're headed to the show. And please don't ask Mike Goldman if he's "Detroit Mike" unless you want to slightly annoy him. lol I doubt you'd catch him dead in a Devo hat.

I went to the local comic show in Livonia and was happy to see that Brian Tatge is employed with Motor City Comics again. Brian's a great guy, and until very recently, had a very impressive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle collection. Unfortunately, Brian decided to break up his collection. Mike Goldman of Motor City Comics was the lucky buyer and will be bringing a lot of it to San Diego Comic Con. I thought I'd celebrate his great collection, one last time, before the avid collectors at San Diego gobble up all the Gobbledygook. ;)

I remember Brian from some of the NY cons awhile back. He seemed like a cool and friendly guy. (thumbs u

Very nice.

I bought a "NM" Turtles #3 variant in 2002-2203 off eBay from some BSD in New England...forget who it was, but a friend of mine knows...

It came, all mangled on the spine. F/VF at best.

I returned it.

One of the better mistakes of my collecting career.

Sigh.

Hate to get off topic, but I think I know the guy you are talking about. He is still trying to sell that stuff on ebay and its they are still well overgraded. :frustrated:

Sweet about Brian.

He'll make it worthwhile to actually visit the Motor City booth again, as the other workers are blah.

Graham Crackers was using Brian the wrong way by making him run around buying books to fill in want lists when Brian's best attributes is his ability to deal with customers and selling books.

:whee:

Sweet about Brian.

He'll make it worthwhile to actually visit the Motor City booth again, as the other workers are blah.

Graham Crackers was using Brian the wrong way by making him run around buying books to fill in want lists when Brian's best attributes is his ability to deal with customers and selling books.

:whee:

Greggy, I think this is the longest post I've ever seen you write! :o