• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color Comics - Bought 3 Books, all three arrived damaged!

49 posts in this topic

Here. I'll save the interminable back and forth wildly_fanciful_statement posts, and save us all the hour of blahblahblah this will bring.

GET THE ANGRY MOB READY TO STORM THE STORE!

angry-mob-1.gif

It really is tedious, after a while.

Gee Dan, you've just spoiled the rest of my afternoon.

:roflmao: It really does get tiresome.

Yes it does, now go jack with thing about his $35 balls.

Here. I'll save the interminable back and forth wildly_fanciful_statement posts, and save us all the hour of blahblahblah this will bring.

GET THE ANGRY MOB READY TO STORM THE STORE!

angry-mob-1.gif

It really is tedious, after a while.

Gee Dan, you've just spoiled the rest of my afternoon.

:roflmao: It really does get tiresome.

Yes it does, now go jack with thing about his $35 balls.

Should never play with another mans balls :baiting:

Just an FYI to the community,

I purchased three CGC books from an online retailer called FourColorComics. When the books came in the mail, all three of them had been cracked and damaged on the top side as if the package had been dropped in transit. When you shook the box, you could hear plastic shards sliding around. We're talking a serious shattered top corner on all three books. The books themselves seem to be okay.

Now, obviously the Post Office mishandled my package, but I question the packaging from the retailer. The books were placed in a box just big enough for the CGC holder with pieces of cardboard between them and NO bubble wrap or padding around them whatsoever. There was nothing in the box to absorb the shock of the package being dropped.

Fourcolorcomics does not offer returns on CGC graded books and they didn't insure my package, because it didn't meet a certain price requirement.

So, basically I need to spend about $60 sending them in to CGC to get reholdered. I called Fourcolor, and they said they would give me a $25 credit on my next purchase. I kind of doubt there will be a "next purchase."

This transaction just sucked for me, and I thought I'd let everyone know.

Very sorry to hear this. Sounds like they don't differentiate between packing raw comics and slabbed comics. I would never ship a slab without either bubble wrapping or peanuts (I always use both).

This is neither here no there just relaying my experience with Four Color. Book was listed at $400 [all his books seem to have pretty aggressive pricing, no biggie]. Anyways I bid low, $275 which was right about the GPA low but I wanted to see what he would come back at but he just passed on my offer-fair enough. After mulling it over a few more days I really wanted the book so I bid $380 but didn't hear back from him. I checked the listing again and then realized that he increased the asking price to $600. doh! I checked GPA again and I guess one crazy sale hit $800 or something like that so I guess he wanted to adjust for the "market".

Why would you say that ? I don't see anything wrong with adjusting the price according to what he thinks the market for the book is. If he reneged on a agreed upon sale because he thought he could suddenly get more money for the book that would be pretty scummy (and something we've seen happen more then a couple times around here).

Also goes to show if you have a book you want and think the price is fair may as well just go get it.

That's not a jerk move. Same thing happened to me. He had a Wonder Woman #105 CGC 8.0 I think. He had it priced reasonably and I bid 10% below his ask. I think it might have been part of a package offer that I made. Anyways, he upped the price to a more respectable retail the next day after the deal fell thru.

Subsequently, he sold the book near the higher price within 2 weeks.

Nothing worse than poor lazy packing. I think some people just dont wanna spring for the bubble wrap and prefer to risk it rather than spend the extra 35 cents. Insane.

Have you asked them for a full refund? I know they, like most, have a no return on CGC books, but this is a special circumstance. I think if they say no to that they should at least reimburse you the full $33 bucks for reslabbing. Why did they say $24 bucks? Where'd they get that number from?

He pulled $25 out of his head when I was discussing the issue over the phone with him. He said he would help me reimburse the cost of re-slabbing, and I said that was nice of him, then he said "by taking $25 off my next purchase."

Are you kidding me?

I don't have pics of the damage. I literally sent them off to CGC today, cause I couldn't bear looking at them like that.

I do however, still have all the CGC case plastic shards that were floating around in the box.

Why would you say that ? I don't see anything wrong with adjusting the price according to what he thinks the market for the book is. If he reneged on a agreed upon sale because he thought he could suddenly get more money for the book that would be pretty scummy (and something we've seen happen more then a couple times around here).

Also goes to show if you have a book you want and think the price is fair may as well just go get it.

So no one should adjust their prices when the new Overstreet comes out?

I'm sorry guys,did'nt mean to ruffle any feathers.Just thought it sucked to be bidding on a book,then all of a sudden he raised the price after bidding on it a second time.Thats all,no dog in this race. (shrug)

Yeah I don't have a problem with the price raise, just the non response, but maybe he felt like I was low balling him with my second offer?

Personally I don't think CGC slabs should be packaged any more than 3 PER Magazine box / or Priority Box kind of same deal, as the weight of the 4 slabs alone if mishandled could cause cracking on some of the slabs at bottom of weight shuffle.

That is step #1.

Step #2, never pack books side by side.

Basically pack them with either cardboard beside the slabs and bubble wrap on outside, or about 2 layers of bubble wrap.

I package with 2 layers of bubble wrap between each slab and 2 or 3 layers on outer with foam peanuts all around all 2 or 3 slabs and box therefore nullifying any chance of the books to be sliding around when the post office decides to mishandle them.

We as sellers can't win them all but we can damn well try our best to protect our buyers books folks.

Rich

Just an FYI to the community,

I purchased three CGC books from an online retailer called FourColorComics. When the books came in the mail, all three of them had been cracked and damaged on the top side as if the package had been dropped in transit. When you shook the box, you could hear plastic shards sliding around. We're talking a serious shattered top corner on all three books. The books themselves seem to be okay.

Now, obviously the Post Office mishandled my package, but I question the packaging from the retailer. The books were placed in a box just big enough for the CGC holder with pieces of cardboard between them and NO bubble wrap or padding around them whatsoever. There was nothing in the box to absorb the shock of the package being dropped.

Fourcolorcomics does not offer returns on CGC graded books and they didn't insure my package, because it didn't meet a certain price requirement.

So, basically I need to spend about $60 sending them in to CGC to get reholdered. I called Fourcolor, and they said they would give me a $25 credit on my next purchase. I kind of doubt there will be a "next purchase."

This transaction just sucked for me, and I thought I'd let everyone know.

A $25 credit is pretty lame response. I would push for a full refund and tell him your sending the books back, let him worry about competing insurance papers with the post office if he is so inclined. If he can't even stand behind his packaging then why should you.

That is pretty messed up I got to say! The worst I ever had was a seller send a cgc in a freaking ENVELOPE ! Should have known too the guy was a royal from the get go ... but that is another topic haha! I also agree with silver I say call him up again & ask him what he was thinking shipping a product like that ... No matter what he does though unless he pays in full for the costs I say give him negatives on ebay or where ever it is

I'm sorry guys,did'nt mean to ruffle any feathers.Just thought it sucked to be bidding on a book,then all of a sudden he raised the price after bidding on it a second time.Thats all,no dog in this race. (shrug)

It definitely sucks and if it happened to me on a book I was openly trying to purchase I wouldn't be happy. Just thought the language was a bit much considering it happens all the time in all lines of sales including comics and is within his right.

It is telling regarding his selling methods however for those reading this thread. Don't expect many deals and Rogovin is out to get the most dollars he can, if you don't buy today he make take your interest as meaning tomorrow it'll be higher.