• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #129 Reprints

14 posts in this topic

I came across a few of these ASM #129 variants and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the following book came from Toy Biz.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

I know the copy below is because of all the Toy Biz ads. The copy above has the 20 cents on the cover and does not have any Toy Biz ads.

IMG_0002.jpg

Why would these be considered variants rather than reprints?

Because incorrectly using "variants" when you're actually selling worthless "reprints" greatly enhances their value.

What about foreign editions that were translated not too long after the American edition..would those be considered reprints? I have them all except the Greek one, no one that I know has it, has budged on it...

like the Mexican one was printed that same year, except it took some time to translate it..is it considerd a reprint, or a foreign variant....

yes, they're reprints/foreign language editions. they are what they are. variants ought to relate to something that was distributed at the same time as the original edition.

is there a pence version of Spidey 129? i guess that's contemporaneous, so not reprint and I guess "U.K. Variant" may be proper. at that point there were no canadian editions of these marvel books, right? that was before and later?

I got a good bit of reprint ASM 129 Punisher Movie copies that I got

from a buddy of mine that co-owned a theatre.

I should check to see if these are worth much.

hm

About a buck a piece if you sell them in bulk.

Hasbro, Spider-Man Origins, 2007

d404_1.jpg

WOOT! Thanks for identifying it for me so quickly. You are true to your name. (thumbs u

No problem. I actually thought at about 45 minutes before someone answered your thread, that the board was slipping a little. lol

As many have pointed out, these are probably more accurately described as reprints. There is a ton of discussion on variants over in the bronze section. It's usually got some good stuff.

Hasbro, Spider-Man Origins, 2007

d404_1.jpg

WOOT! Thanks for identifying it for me so quickly. You are true to your name. (thumbs u

No problem. I actually thought at about 45 minutes before someone answered your thread, that the board was slipping a little. lol

As many have pointed out, these are probably more accurately described as reprints. There is a ton of discussion on variants over in the bronze section. It's usually got some good stuff.

Yeah I used the wrong terminology since there are just so many different reprints of this book. This has been corrected on the title thread.