• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics.com website down

39 posts in this topic

The host that supports Highgradecomics.com and Superworld was hacked today so our websites are currently offline. Tech support is currently working on the problem. I am not sure when the website will be brought back online yet.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

The host that supports Highgradecomics.com and Superworld was hacked today so our websites are currently offline. Tech support is currently working on the problem. I am not sure when the website will be brought back online yet.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Who hacks in to comic sites? :screwy:

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

People looking for credit card info

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

People looking for credit card info

doh!

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

nerds.jpg

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

I'm assuming that it's the host server that's been hacked not Bob's site - there's probably thousands of different sites on the server that the hackers could possibly have access to.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Evil villains.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

nerds.jpg
:roflmao:

Bob, when this gets rectified, I would ask the host what safeguards they've put in place to prevent this from happening again in the future. Speaking from personal experience, when you start running in this kind of problem with a hosting company, its because there is a domain (or more than one) that is getting targeted on the same server, IP, or DNS which you're sharing with hundreds (sometimes thousands) of other sites. Call them on it and if you're not feeling they're doing enough to mitigate the pain of downtime, drop me a PM.

Bob, I checked using a free monitoring tool which pings your site from multiple locations. I tried this yesterday at around the time I posted in the thread, and just now. It seems the only location that pings successfully is China - perhaps an indication of the location from where the attack/hack is coming:

101127.jpg.cd7ec5a6e93848a76bec20e6d17c5865.jpg

Bob, I checked using a free monitoring tool which pings your site from multiple locations. I tried this yesterday at around the time I posted in the thread, and just now. It seems the only location that pings successfully is China - perhaps an indication of the location from where the attack/hack is coming:

Remind me never to mess with you!!