• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Coming Out of the Closet...Loads of Pics

277 posts in this topic

From a stash in a wooden wine box from one of parent's closets:

These are small plastic mini cups that are from around the mid 70s (I think) about an inch and half tall. IIRC, you would peel the sticker off and stick on the cup. I have 11 Marvel characters and one Wonder Woman that is entirely different and I know clue where it came from:

11MarvelMiniCupsand1WonderWomanMini.jpg

Could the Wonder Woman be an unrelated egg cup? Maybe from an Easter egg arrangement?

And a few more things tonight - trust me I got scads of this stuff and I have't even dug into the some what I remember is stashed away - should be fun:

Stuffed away under my old twin bed at my parent's house, next up:

Star Wars again

StarWarsSpeederBikePrincessLeiaEndo.jpg

JabbatheHuttandHanSolo.jpg

A bunch of games (mostly unopened) - again my anal-retentiveness. When you get down to the sports games - you'll notice how beat up the SI College Football game is - my brother and I plated the heck out of that:

HardRockMonolpoly.jpg

StarTekTheGameCollectorsEdition6715.jpg

StarWarsDeathStarAssaultGame.jpg

StarWarsMonolpolySagaEdition.jpg

SportsIllustratedCollegeFootballGam.jpg

StratomaticBaseballGame.jpg

StratomaticBasketballGame.jpg

StratomaticProFootballGame.jpg

I found my Russ Cochran EC Weird Science and Weird Fantasy editions - I wondered what happened to them. One is a first edition and the other is a second edition. The pages are still crisp white so I decided to leave them under the bed (storage conditions must be fine).

TheCompleteECLibraryWeirdFantasy4Vo.jpg

TheCompleteECLibraryWeirdScience4Vo.jpg

And I won't show them all but I had loads of non-sports trading cards under there. Nothing special but here's a few pics:

Trolls (no clue why I bought it)

NORFINTROLLSSERIES1SET50CARDS.jpg

1993DCBloodlinesTradingCardsComplet.jpg

These are 1991 Star Trek TOS.TNG combo set:

1991StarTrekTradingCardsCompleteSer.jpg

GI Joe

GIJoe200TradingCardSetImpel1991.jpg

DCComicsTradingCards1993SkyBox150Ca.jpg

And I had like 7 sets of this one from 1991:

1991Series1DCComicsTradingCards1-1.jpg

TheLegendsofLuminaireSkeletonWarrio.jpg

These are small plastic mini cups that are from around the mid 70s (I think) about an inch and half tall. IIRC, you would peel the sticker off and stick on the cup. I have 11 Marvel characters and one Wonder Woman that is entirely different and I know clue where it came from:

11MarvelMiniCupsand1WonderWomanMini.jpg

A couple of fuzzy close-ups:

FantasticFourSpiderwomanMiniCups.jpg

ThorMiniCup.jpg

WonderWomanMiniCup.jpg

cool- i've got a couple of those. haven't seen them anywhere (but haven't really looked either)

5 DC paperback Tempo Books. I actually have another set of five with a Wonder Woman and in a pre-made holder that I'll get to later. From 1978 with b/w interiors.

5DCComicsTempoBooksca1978.jpg

Great thread! :applause:

I had the Batman and World's Finest books pictured here as a kid. Holy nostalgia... I don't think I've seen that WF book even once since the early 80s.

Could the Wonder Woman be an unrelated egg cup? Maybe from an Easter egg arrangement?

Definitely possible. I saw someone earlier had suggested the Marvel cups may have come from a gumball machine. That does seem vaguely correct.

I'll post more pics as I go unless public outcry is to stop - won't hurt my feelings. Somewhere hidden away is an ultra cool Marvel Talking Viewmaster from the 70s that still works in a large tin and some older action figures, cereal boxes, Superman peanut butter jars (I think they are empty), some cool Doctor Who stuff from the 70s....