• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern picture

69 posts in this topic

The picture brings up a point I have wanted an answer to for some time:

How is that little mask supposed to protect someone's identity???

How do Superman's glasses do the same thing? Lois Lane must be a drunk to not notice.

I always liked to think that Lois Lane knew and was just playing dumb. She knew she would always outscoop other reporters if she could put herself in harm's way knowing that she would be saved first.

At least the GL costume covers his eyes and eyebrows, which are the most obvious giveaways.

:sick:

I don't think that you can expect much better when these kind of outfits are translated onto the big screen. They're always going to look unrealistic because they are unrealistic.

That`s why Ironman was the perfect storm, armor and modern technology translate much better in MOVIES than a guy running around in long johns(Daredevil),even Batman has armor for the movies. ;)

How do Superman's glasses do the same thing? Lois Lane must be a drunk to not notice.

There was actually a comic in the Bronze Age that explained the glasses by introducing "super-hypnotism," which allowed Supes to send a post-hypnotic suggestion that when he had the glasses on, he would appear older and frailer than he actually was.

The green veins are not working for me.

That appears to be the main difference as compared to the comic version. It looks like they're trying to express the lantern's power coursing and flowing around his body to make it more than just the ring. I think the comic often put a green glow aura around his entire body to communicate that, I'm guessing the glowing lines in the suit are the equivalent. The aura from the comic could look awkward in reality, not sure.

Any ideas what the best way to visually display the power of the ring flowing around GL would be if not the veins? (shrug)hm

Oh, ye of little faith.

If you must ask these sort of questions to receive a rational answer, then you are in the wrong hobby, my friend. :grin:

Oh, ye of little faith.

If you must ask these sort of questions to receive a rational answer, then you are in the wrong hobby, my friend. :grin:

kinda like asking the question why does Bruce Banners purple pants always stay on him when he turns into the Hulk ? hm

Oh, ye of little faith.

kinda like asking the question why does Bruce Banners purple pants always stay on him when he turns into the Hulk ? hm

Or how can Spiderman hold that much webbing in his body to go from building to building and not really run out...ever!

Also, who cleans it all up? Does it just hang there for weeks?

Oh, ye of little faith.

Or how can Spiderman hold that much webbing in his body to go from building to building and not really run out...ever!

Because if it is,.. city workers..that's just wrong, it would take many city employees to go around buildings scrapping the stuff off, using special equipment and safety harnesses to make it to places too high. Plus, this would all come out of our pockets, cleaning all that up? It would be thousands of dollars everytime Spiderman decided to rescue a Kitten, for example...

Oh, ye of little faith.

Because if it is,.. city workers..that's just wrong, it would take many city employees to go around buildings scrapping the stuff off, using special equipment and safety harnesses to make it to places too high. Plus, this would all come out of our pockets, cleaning all that up? It would be thousands of dollars everytime Spiderman decided to rescue a Kitten, for example...

Do we even want to go there? How about the insurance costs for buildings near the Baxter Building or why anyone would want to live in Gotham City with homicidal maniacs like The Joker and Mr. Freeze running around? The only reason I can come up with for the latter is that property values must be REALLY low.

Oh, ye of little faith.

According to marveldictionary.com, the webbing dissolves into powder after a few hours.

So you can accept a blue skinned alien gave him a green ring that gives him powers and lets him fly but you cant accept the mask?