• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was the donated the the Library of Congress the Amazing Fantasy #15 art?

32 posts in this topic

Who donated it? Why, it was none other than Chuck R. of course!! He spirited it away from the Marvel dumpsters all those years ago and has had it in his possession ever since, safe and sound. In fact, for three years he kept the artwork in an old burlap sack and would use it as a hippie bedroll while hitch-hiking across the country from comic con to comic con.

I read all about it in Tales from the Database part DCXXVVIII

:insane:

:roflmao:

Poor Chuck. Always a bride's maid and never a bride.

Who donated it? Why, it was none other than Chuck R. of course!! He spirited it away from the Marvel dumpsters all those years ago and has had it in his possession ever since, safe and sound. In fact, for three years he kept the artwork in an old burlap sack and would use it as a hippie bedroll while hitch-hiking across the country from comic con to comic con.

I read all about it in Tales from the Database part DCXXVVIII

:insane:

:roflmao:

Poor Chuck. Always a bride's maid and never a bride.

Here he is caught in the act.

hvz5as.jpg

why would anyone donate that to a government agency. bunch of crooks.

and wtf are they going to do with them.

Put them in the public domain where everyone can see and enjoy them...exactly where they are supposed to be (thumbs u

Can someone give me a reason why these pages aren't in mylar? When people visit the library to view them, they are permitted to touch them with bare hands?

They are in custom made mylar and only the curator is allowed to touch them, and she only handles the mylar.

There are pics out there of people actually touching the pages, but AFAIK these are from the very first visit a group of fans made and maybe the system wasn't in place yet during those first days.

Also every single page (in mylar) is now in a separate acid-free folder as well.

But the lady told me she couldn't deny or confirm if it was Marie and to the best of her knowledge Marie had never donated any art to the museum...

But Watson and Timmay thought she was blowing smoke up our arses.

The real reason for the code of silence is there are probably more donations coming from the "anonymous" donor.

If you want to see it, just email the LOC and set up an appointment.

I would be sure and check that the batteries aren't dead in your camera either. :whistle:

why would anyone donate that to a government agency. bunch of crooks.

and wtf are they going to do with them.

Never been to the Library of Congress or the Smithsonian, huh?