• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its Official I finally have a new job

35 posts in this topic

Like many people in the construction industry I lost my job over a year and a half ago. I have been working as an independent contractor for the mortgage industry dealing with foreclosures. This was a position I truly hated but stuck with it until I found something new. No more dropping of notices etc. I was supposed to have started last week but for some reason the fingerprinting was delayed. Well today I got everything back and I start on the 16th of August working for one of the largest banks in the U.S. Well, the pay isn't great at first, I will be able to get cheaper medical insurance (less than a third of what we are paying through my wife's company) , paid vacations, and I get to start putting back into my 401k. The bonus part is work is now only going to be within 3 miles of my house.

Congrats. I hope the job has stability. I gripe about my pay, but we've been promised no layoffs (as well as no raises for a couple of years), so i can't complain too much.

As for construction....I wish I could find someone to do a competent job finishing my basement for under $10K....