• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny how things happen...

55 posts in this topic

So I bought a run of the mill silver age book from a guy, nothing unusual there, and he emails me a few days later and tell me that he sent the wrong issue. I say no worries and he asks if he can drop the right one off and pick up the new one. I ask him if he lives near me and he says that he is just a little while away. I ask him if he is selling anything else and he mentions that he has his original owner Marvel stuff from the 60s hanging around and he is looking to sell it off since he just retired. We talk on the phone and it turns out that he has tons of stuff. Like, literally tons. Like a building full.

So, we arrange for me to come out tonight, I bring a bunch of cash, and I meet up at his very nice home in the country. He has pulled a few stacks for me to look through, a fraction of a percentage of what he has, and I found a few things of interest. I was limited by my cash on hand, but hopefully I will be back soon. A great deal of what he has are moderns, but he has some nice silver age too. No crazy cheap prices, he knew what he had, but I still got a nice deal on this batch.

So, as you can see from my purchases this turned out to be the best mistake that ever happened to me.

DSCF0199.jpg

So I bought a run of the mill silver age book from a guy off eBay, nothing unusual there, and he emails me a few days later and tell me that he sent the wrong issue. I say no worries and he asks if he can drop the right one off and pick up the new one. I ask him if he lives near me and he says that he is about 20 minutes away. I ask him if he is selling anything else and he mentions that he has his original owner Marvel stuff from the 60s hanging around and he is looking to sell it off since he just retired. We talk on the phone and it turns out that he has tons of stuff. Like, literally tons. Like a building full.

So, we arrange for me to come out tonight, I bring a bunch of cash, and I meet up at his very nice home in the country. He has pulled a few stacks for me to look through, a fraction of a percentage of what he has, and I found a few things of interest. I was limited by my cash on hand, but hopefully I will be back soon. A great deal of what he has are moderns, but he has some nice silver age too. No crazy cheap prices, he knew what he had, but I still got a nice deal on this batch.

So, as you can see from my purchases this turned out to be the best mistake that ever happened to me.

DSCF0199.jpg

Wow! (worship) Congratulations!

What did you grade the 3 big keys?

Low grade. The AF 15 is a 1.8 or so, the JiM is probably a 2.0 and the TOS 39 looks decent from the front but the back is thrashed. That one is probably a 1.5/1.8, though very nice looking for the grade.