• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny how things happen...

55 posts in this topic

Andy, what do you think that ASM 13 is going to grade out as?

hm

It looks like a beaut from the pics,

let me know if you're going to flip it.

:wishluck:

Anyway CONGRATS you lucky dawg!

:applause:

The ASM 13 is a 8.0/8.5, but has a small water stain on the upper corner, so 6.5 or so? I am keeping it though, sorry.

how much do you want for the JIM 83?

I am not sure which I am going to keep yet, this one or my other low grader. I can't keep both.

Now where did you get the other JIM 83? hm

lol

It was a touch choice, but going to have to sell the one you sold me.

Congrats on this find Andy. These hoards are out there. Takes some timing, hard work and most importantly, money, but there are definitely great finds still available, and you can go "off the grid" and find stuff in alternate sources to conventions and traditional dealers. There's a lot of guys who had this stuff coming into retirement age... and those guys want to sell. Some of them are old timers and others are just guys who, like this guy, just appeared to be sitting on stuff.

Andy, what do you think that ASM 13 is going to grade out as?

hm

It looks like a beaut from the pics,

let me know if you're going to flip it.

:wishluck:

Anyway CONGRATS you lucky dawg!

:applause:

The ASM 13 is a 8.0/8.5, but has a small water stain on the upper corner, so 6.5 or so? I am keeping it though, sorry.

It looked like what I was looking for so I had to ask.

The QP looked dead on (the white strip at the bottom being so straight

is rare as hens teeth).

Anyway if you come across another, give me a ping.

I am going to find these last 4 ASMs one of these days!

_w

Congrats. The real question is for those who wish they would come across a find like this... "Do you think you would be able to get the funds to pull it off?"

It takes a measure of bravery to go to an unknown someone's house with a lot of cash.

Congrats. The real question is for those who wish they would come across a find like this... "Do you think you would be able to get the funds to pull it off?"

It takes a measure of bravery to go to an unknown someone's house with a lot of cash.

I made a judgement call. If I'd gotten there and gotten any bad vibes at all (which I didn't), the cash would have stayed in the car. I talked to him on the phone beforehand and he seemed totally normal and nice, so I took a risk. I guess I believe that people are generally good, and that the media has produced a bit of a culture of fear in America, so I tend to give strangers the benefit of the doubt. I guess I have that luxury, given that I don't live in downtown LA or Chicago any longer.

I made a judgement call. If I'd gotten there and gotten any bad vibes at all (which I didn't), the cash would have stayed in the car. I talked to him on the phone beforehand and he seemed totally normal and nice, so I took a risk. I guess I believe that people are generally good, and that the media has produced a bit of a culture of fear in America, so I tend to give strangers the benefit of the doubt. I guess I have that luxury, given that I don't live in downtown LA or Chicago any longer.

Totally agree. The few people I've bought comics from on Craig's List have been nothing but friendly. But I still met them in public places lol

Congrats on the haul!