• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Peek at the new Overstreet Price Guide #40? - Need Prices Pronto!

62 posts in this topic

Not unexpected, but the Top Ten Silver is becoming very 'Marvelized', and the gap between the Top Five against #6-20 top silver is widening at a frenzied pace:

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

Hulk 1 = $65K (soon to overtake FF1?)

Showcase 4 = $54K (the last hurrah for this book)

ASM 1 = $50K (a few 'weak' sales in grade this year)

X-men 1 = $26K

JIM 83 = $24K (should overtake X-men 1 next year)

TOS 39 = $20K (strong sales continue)

Showcase 8 = $18.5K (stagnant)

B&B 28 = $16K (strong gains; lots of room to grow to x-men #1 values)

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Showcase 9 = $14K (stagnant)

Adventure 247 = $13.5K (on the upswing?)

FF 5 = $13K (30% increase over last year. Vic von Doom is the bad boy everyone wants)

TTA 27 = $13K (30% increase for this )

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

Showcase 22 = $12.5K (Dunno what Overstreet is thinking here...)

GL 1 = $11K

FF2 = $10.5K (so for the 1st time ever, a book needs to be worth over $10K to crack the Top Twenty valuable Silver Age books)

I am surprised Daredevil #1 didn`t make the cut.

Lots of books worth more than DD1, but not worth quite enough to make the Top 20 (ie. ASM #2, 'Tec 225)

Not unexpected, but the Top Ten Silver is becoming very 'Marvelized', and the gap between the Top Five against #6-20 top silver is widening at a frenzied pace:

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

X-men 1 = $26K

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

FF 5 = $13K (30% increase over last year. Vic von Doom is the bad boy everyone wants)

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

GL 1 = $11K

FF2 = $10.5K (so for the 1st time ever, a book needs to be worth over $10K to crack the Top Twenty valuable Silver Age books)

Lots of books worth more than DD1, but not worth quite enough to make the Top 20 (ie. ASM #2, 'Tec 225)

Are u saying showcase 22 is too high or too low? Agree w BB28.

i just paid $30 to heritage and downloaded it right to my desktop on my laptop to have...it's not like having a hard copy in hand,but very convient to have quick access to wherever i am.

I had purchased last year's like that .Today they just sent me an offer to update to the current copy for $18. :)

Heritage fixed my order,and is only charging my account the $18 :headbang:

Thanks for that heads-up!

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

X-men 1 = $26K

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

GL 1 = $11K

Are u saying showcase 22 is too high or too low? Agree w BB28.

I'm saying Showcase 22 is too low. If he can make note of the record breaking $1Million + Action 1 and 'Tec 27 sales and adjust values accordingly in OPG #40, then he should have been consistant and done the same for Showcase 22 rantrant

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

X-men 1 = $26K

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

GL 1 = $11K

Here is my take on the current market:

AF 15 -- Is this the #1 pressed book?

FF1- If shades matter.... one of the toughest to get with a white cover.

Hulk 1- The black cover limits the amount of high grades.

Showcase 4- The Marvel comics 1 of the Silver age. At one time the standard. Today living off it's past reputation.

ASM1 = A great book but... today everyone is looking for the 1st appearances.

X-Men 1 .... A bit cooler than a few years ago... then again much greater demand than in the 60's. I can't remember anyone buying the title when I was a kid.

JIM 83 - How many copies can one own while waiting for a movie?

TOS 39- Another title brought to life by the big screen.

Showcase 8- A 2nd appearance of a slowing first appearance..

B&B 28.. A relatively inexpensive way to spec a movie.

Flash 105- Couldn't they just number this copy Flash 1B? Is this the 5th appearance of the SA Flash?

JLA 1 - Just buy B&B 28 already.

Showcase 9- Always bought this issue relatively cheaply, held them a while, and broke even.

Adventure 247- Who is the "legion'? I have have missed them in my childhood? Maybe I need to read DC comics more often? A reboot wouldn't hurt?

FF 5 - DR. DOOM. - A classic Marvel villian?

TTA 27 - I liked Giant Man, the Antman, Goliath however given the constant name changes I night have been the only one?

Avengers 1.. I've always been amazed that comics with multiple popular characters can team up and create relatively little demand? See it on the big screen. Batman/ Superman anyone?

Showcase 22... A hot book currently? I never had much luck with this one.

GL 1 - Give me Showcase 22.

FF2 - Probably rising due to the popularity of the Skrulls?

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

X-men 1 = $26K

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

GL 1 = $11K

Here is my take on the current market:

AF 15 -- Is this the #1 pressed book?

FF1- If shades matter.... one of the toughest to get with a white cover.

Hulk 1- The black cover limits the amount of high grades.

Showcase 4- The Marvel comics 1 of the Silver age. At one time the standard. Today living off it's past reputation.

ASM1 = A great book but... today everyone is looking for the 1st appearances.

X-Men 1 .... A bit cooler than a few years ago... then again much greater demand than in the 60's. I can't remember anyone buying the title when I was a kid.

JIM 83 - How many copies can one own while waiting for a movie?

TOS 39- Another title brought to life by the big screen.

Showcase 8- A 2nd appearance of a slowing first appearance..

B&B 28.. A relatively inexpensive way to spec a movie.

Flash 105- Couldn't they just number this copy Flash 1B? Is this the 5th appearance of the SA Flash?

JLA 1 - Just buy B&B 28 already.

Showcase 9- Always bought this issue relatively cheaply, held them a while, and broke even.

Adventure 247- Who is the "legion'? I have have missed them in my childhood? Maybe I need to read DC comics more often? A reboot wouldn't hurt?

FF 5 - DR. DOOM. - A classic Marvel villian?

TTA 27 - I liked Giant Man, the Antman, Goliath however given the constant name changes I night have been the only one?

Avengers 1.. I've always been amazed that comics with multiple popular characters can team up and create relatively little demand? See it on the big screen. Batman/ Superman anyone?

Showcase 22... A hot book currently? I never had much luck with this one.

GL 1 - Give me Showcase 22.

FF2 - Probably rising due to the popularity of the Skrulls?

FF2 should not be there. Skrulls are a nobody- storyline of secret invasion was garbage. Nobody wants to see their fav heroes look like aliens. I'll take FF#4 anyday or bring back Det #225 in the mix to even the marvel/dc ratio to 10 a piece in top 20 silver age.

$2K it doubled

Thanks. My copy of the new Overstreet is on its way from Amazon.com.

SLR

yep my copy is coming from Amazon at $19.77 plus free two day Amazon shipping with Prime membership. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even think about using Amazon.

Got mine for free (had a $25 credit because of the "Omnibus fiasco") and free shipping with Prime Membership (which I will immediately cancel on Tuesday when I receive the OS).

:banana: :banana: :banana:

FF2 should not be there. Skrulls are a nobody- storyline of secret invasion was garbage. Nobody wants to see their fav heroes look like aliens. I'll take FF#4 anyday

FF #2 and #4 in high grade have always sold for about the same, with #2 going for slightly higher prices. FF #2 leaves #4 behind at the 9.4 level where #2 has always sold for quite a bit more.

Ok pretty please top 20 silver age and top 10 bronze 9.2 prices anyone?

I will do a half azz guess that I am sure will be accurate

the top 20 for ALL AGES not just Silver will be less than GPA ;)

Well, of course it will, because GPA is for SLABBED BOOKS ONLY. doh!

Bob Overstreet made another ridiculous error.

Hulk 1 9.2 Price $65K and 4.0 price is $2800

ASM#1 9.2 Price $50K BUT 4.0 price is $3000.

You know that the Hulk1 in 4.0 should be $3500 and NOT $2800 behind the ASM1 price.

I keep mentionng this and I can't emphasize enough that Bob should not continue making these errors as people's livelihood's are at stake ie those who actively trade these comics and those who open comic stores to feed their family.

hulk 1's in 4.0 will regularly sell for $4k... anyone that buys and sells them, knows that...no one soley relies on the "guide" on keys these days (or at least no one should), so why is it an issue ...it is not affecting one person whose livelihood is "at stake" imo

and, if that is the info submitted to bob by his advisors (I know I submitted "real world" #'s) maybe that is the "correct" guide price, even if it doesn't reflect "reality" (shrug)

Why is Tales to Astonish 27 so overpriced? It`s kinda close to TOS 39`s price, let`s see Ironman had two movies that grossed over 1 billion dollars combined and Ant-man is well Ant-man. I was looking at some old priceguides as well and believe it or not some guides have TOA 27 ahead of TOS 39 in certain years, when did TOA 27 become important?

I even put DD1 AND ST 110 ahead of it, any thoughts? hm

Why is Tales to Astonish 27 so overpriced? It`s kinda close to TOS 39`s price, let`s see Ironman had two movies that grossed over 1 billion dollars combined and Ant-man is well Ant-man. I was looking at some old priceguides as well and believe it or not some guides have TOA 27 ahead of TOS 39 in certain years, when did TOA 27 become important?

1 of only 2 10cent keys..FF 1 being the other.And much tougher to find in Higher grade than the others.

I agree. I've heard of some supply-related issues in the higher grade area, but supply alone isn't enough to put it on par with ToS 39 in my books.

And frankly, two copies of like value, I think you'll see the ToS 39 sell faster. BUT, to be fair, I don't really know how the two books would have paired off pre-Iron Man movies, so tough to say in the big picture. I don't think they'll stay neck and neck for much longer unless Marvel does something more with Gi/Ant man sometime soon.