• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Anyone gives us a blow by blow of the fun at San Diego Comic Con?

24 posts in this topic

Can Anyone gives us a blow by blow of the fun at San Diego Comic Con for all of us who had to stay home.

Anything good happening there or any total surprises?

Anybody walk away with any good deals or fantastic finds.

Are comic dealers decreasing there?

I've already gotten calls from Boardies on the floor at SD, making deals and buying books. I'm soooo jealous . . .

Can Anyone gives us a blow by blow of the fun at San Diego Comic Con for all of us who had to stay home.

Anything good happening there or any total surprises?

Anybody walk away with any good deals or fantastic finds.

Are comic dealers decreasing there?

*cough*boothbabes*cough* :wishluck:

Didn't even notice the Suicide Girls were there.

Here's a quick blow by blow...

Left and drove down from L.A. just before 6 AM

After parking got into the hall around 9 AM. Dropped off two weeks' subs at the CGC booth, caught up with them and Jesperson. Walked around for a bit and snagged some books for some other boardies. (I actually spent $0 on myself, just food and water).

Paid $4 for a 12 oz can of Diet Coke.... Jealous yet?

Comic dealers at one side of the hall, massive entertainment booths in the middle, and creators JAMMED together at the other end of the hall. It was pretty sad how some of them were cramped at the smallest table areas I've ever seen. So much for "comic con".

Dealt with random people stopping randomly in the middle of aisles with no regard to the people behind them. Wasn't impressed with the size of the crowd. Was expecting it to be bigger.

Saw the same boardies making deals at the same booths as they do at every show.

Got some Campbell sigs for a local friend, then said goodbye to everyone at the CGC

booth.

Left just after 5 PM, got back to L.A. just before 8.

Looking forward to Chicago.

So far I have spent most my time standing in lines and trying to part the throng of exclusive hunters. I would have to say the Long Beach con is way more comic friendly then the SDCC. It is sad to say this will most likely be my last SDCC.

I was surprised last year, with it being my first time to SDCC. at the relatively small number of actual comic book dealers there. I still had a great time and it was more of a vacation/escape for me. I'd go back again for a week considering what a great time I had last year.

I hope to hit a con on the east coast soon.