• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling off all my Chews, Raw, Slabbed, SS...everything

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

Simply put, i need money. This publishing thing has kicked my and i've become a stream of never ending cash that is drying up.

Shipping is...well whatever it costs to ship it...

Selling as a lot only.

first $450 takes them all...

th_chew1.jpgth_006.jpgth_005.jpgth_007.jpg

Raws not Pictured:

Art of Chew Signed

Slabbed (no pics)

1 2nd SS 9.8

1 3rd 9.8

1 Larrys 9.8

2 1st SS 9.8

2 4th 9.4

5 SS 9.6

6 SS 9.8

any questions just pm me.

thanks guys, there were a lot of unexpected costs going into putting a comic together vs a book.

For anyone who ever wants to self publish a comic, have a minimum of $2.5k to start. I underestimated the costs involved with a comic. Putting a book out is totally different, i only needed $200 to do that.

Wow, I never knew. It seems like for a budding comic writer/illustrator aspiring to publish their works, it seems Image is the most 'helpful' publisher in that sense? It seems easier to break into the Image brand than into Marvel or Dc or Dark Horse for that matter.

Talking with valentino, writers are screwed. You need a full team with a full proposal ready to even have them review at image, unless you are already established.

I have no idea how to even get a minute with anyone at dc and marvel.

I want to do comics more than books but it looks like that will be unreasonable for the most part except for one offs here and there.

Talking with valentino, writers are screwed. You need a full team with a full proposal ready to even have them review at image, unless you are already established.

I have no idea how to even get a minute with anyone at dc and marvel.

I want to do comics more than books but it looks like that will be unreasonable for the most part except for one offs here and there.

So, you pretty much have to have the finished products in hand to show them before they'll really take a look, huh? Ouch...

Image requires at least 8 finished pages before they will even look at it

That's the official line. They pretty much told Jay and me at C2E2 that it's better to have an entire issue in hand, art and writing to show them, and its best to have multiple issues completed.